Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of going with the Nismo wheels for my Blue 03 Touring.

First, does anyone have an opinion on these?
Second, does anyone produce bronze door handles and Z logo badges that would match the bronze Nismo wheels? That would look fing sweet on the blue imo.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think the Nismo wheels look good on any Z. As for the door handles and badges, you can probably find a good body shop to paint those. I know Cat1012 has matching handles to her wheels and got them painted.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well i know a girl anmed Cat.. on here has her door handles painted. let me ask you this, why do you want nismo rims? there are a bunch of other nicer rims IMO that come in bronze, such as volk GTC's, SF challenge, etc

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Maybe he's going light instead of taste. Get it? Less filling - tastes great. :lol:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JTS - I like the look of the Nismo, but I'm also concerned with wheel fit and the affect aftermarket rims will have on the VDC and tire pressure sensor on my touring. Do Volks or Hart's mess with VDC or tire pressure sensor?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Fleshrot@Dec 29 2004, 03:18 PM
JTS - I like the look of the Nismo, but I'm also concerned with wheel fit and the affect aftermarket rims will have on the VDC and tire pressure sensor on my touring.  Do Volks or Hart's mess with VDC or tire pressure sensor?

I have the NISMO LM-GT4s. They look great and are very easy to clean. They are 18s and with the Nitto NT 555 rubber, have plenty of clearance.

I understand that they don't support the tire pressure sensor feature. But I don't know for sure (I have a Base model).

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Actually, they do support the TPS feature. I was on the Nissan site and checked out their Nismo section. The site does note the TPS will work with the Nismo wheels.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the insight.
Geary and Conceyted, those Nismos look kick ass.
What, if any, is the advantage to 19's over 18's?
Would 19's be better or worse in rain/snow?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Bigger wheel diameter never gives you an advantage. Big wheels are an aesthetic thing. Between the two sizes, 18s would be better in adverse conditions, although the difference may be too small to notice.

And I agree that the LMGT4s are nice wheels. And the weight saving is nice too. If I were buying wheels for my Z today, these are what I'd get. Just make sure you use the recommended tire size of 245/40/18 front and 275/40/18 rear. According to Performance's Web site
When NISMO originally tested these S-Tune products they did not test them on a car with VDC. We have not seen any problems with any of these products when used on a vehicle with VDC.
*Will only work on VDC cars with the recomended tire size.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Dirn.
Next question is tires.
Toyo has killer tread patterns, but I've been reading a lot about Michelin and BF Goodrich.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Fleshrot@Dec 30 2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks Dirn. 
Next question is tires. 
Toyo has killer tread patterns, but I've been reading a lot about Michelin and BF Goodrich.
Any ideas?

I'm a big fan of sticky BFG's. Had them on my Z32. They tracked great!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'm a big fan of Nitto 555's. They have the biggest contact patch of any street tire out there. Don't quote me on that, but I think I'm right.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a sweet-ass deal. The Nissan dealer in Fayetteville, AR was quoting me $2,200 just for the rims. Bonus check, don't fail me now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts