Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I heard that they still sound "sissy". My horn is not nearly loud enough to alert anyone. I have also been looking for an alternative set, but I was told the Nismo horns were not much better at all.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by FairladyZX@Aug 10 2005, 11:57 PM
Just wondering if money is worth spending on these horns. Thx
[snapback]144396[/snapback]​

:rockband: Not unless they play 'La Cucaracha'... :lmfao:

Put this one on the 'most useless mods list' for sure!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
After about 11 years the horn in my Z32 gave up, so I installed Hella horns. I was pleased with the purchase, but have not upgraded the Z33's horn yet. Can be found cheaper than through this link I am sure...but here they are.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1..._2520&SKU=77573

Made in India...113db

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Thanks KSHEP! This is the type of LOUD horn that I'm looking for. Very nice description below. Hope they can fit in my Zed without much modifications. :yourock:

HELLA HORNS. LOUD AS CAN BE!
Tired of those wimpy, factory installed horns? You'll get some respect with these. I only honk my horn when it's absolutely necessary. For those times I do honk my horn, I want to be noticed. And just in case you haven't noticed, stereo systems are getting louder and interiors are getting quieter, which means you need to be heard! Plastic? No way! Durable, metal casing for years of survival. Easy installation. If you have horns presently, just swap the horns and use the existing wiring. If you want to add them to your present horns, a relay and directions are included. Loud as can be! 113 dB. Stoutly made in India.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by FairladyZX@Aug 11 2005, 03:31 PM
Wow! Thanks KSHEP!  This is the type of LOUD horn that I'm looking for.  Very nice description below.  Hope they can fit in my Zed without much modifications.  :yourock: 

HELLA HORNS. LOUD AS CAN BE!
Tired of those wimpy, factory installed horns? You'll get some respect with these. I only honk my horn when it's absolutely necessary. For those times I do honk my horn, I want to be noticed. And just in case you haven't noticed, stereo systems are getting louder and interiors are getting quieter, which means you need to be heard! Plastic? No way! Durable, metal casing for years of survival. Easy installation. If you have horns presently, just swap the horns and use the existing wiring. If you want to add them to your present horns, a relay and directions are included. Loud as can be! 113 dB. Stoutly made in India.
[snapback]144665[/snapback]​

There are not very large...you should have no problems getting them installed near the factory location.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts