1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I wouldn't have been hurt either way. Normally I would have rooted for Calgary cuz there from the west (Colorado fan) but since Andrychuk (sp?) had gone 22 years without winning the cup, i thought it was cool Tampa Bay won.

Plus it doesn't hurt that an American team won.

I'm just eternally grateful for the best sport in the world and the greatest trophy ever made,
THE STANLEY CUP!!!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jun 9 2004, 10:25 AM
I'm just eternally grateful for the best sport in the world and the greatest trophy ever made, 

THE STANLEY CUP!!!

You forgot to mention the sh!ttiest league ever. Not just any league would have the ability to shut down for 7 years and lose less money than if it operated

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You forgot to mention the sh!ttiest league ever. Not just any league would have the ability to shut down for 7 years and lose less money than if it operated
Yeah, I'm not too happy about all that. The problem is that the players are starting to get all greedy and wanting HUGE salaries, but hockey doesn't have as big a following as baseball, football, and basketball. Also tickets are still reasonably cheap. They have no way to recoop they're money.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My local team was in the Calder Cup final. I was at 6 of the home games during the playoffs in the front row. Although we got swept in the finals it was a blast being there. The team has the largest fan base for any AHL team. I think the arena has been sold out every game for the last two seasons.

Check out the site

http://penguins.dfnow.com/

And heres some of the videos.

http://wbspenguins.com/AudioClips/Penguins%20Audio-Video.asp

·
Registered
360 Posts
im a Det fan and Calgary knocked off the Wings, so i was rootin for Tampa(i do live in Fl too). I can't believe the owner of TB owns the Det Pistons too. How awesome would it be to win the Stanley Cup and NBA title in one year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts