Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an add for Nexus Alphawerks headers, and their claim is a gain of 21 horsepower and 15 ft. lb. (on a stock Z)!! Anyone know if the power gains are true?? If so, is it usable power (where is the power at). Are these worth the money??

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those numbers are not accurate by any means, most likely 2-3 hp at wheels, with 4-6 lb/ft at the wheels at best.

·
Registered
144 Posts
how much gains can headers bring to the wheels? Also, if I install the INJEN SES exhaust, will it make power even though the cats are still stock? or will I need to change the cats to high-flow ones for it to be ideal?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
They have dyno's, and also challenged anyone on the board to prove it false (volunteering their car for testing). COJ_General and MetalZ did some testing on my350z.com. MetalZ hasn't gotten it dyno'd yet due to wanting to take it to get it serviced at the nissan dealer first.

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/quote]
They have dyno's, and also challenged anyone on the board to prove it false (volunteering their car for testing). COJ_General and MetalZ did some testing on my350z.com. MetalZ hasn't gotten it dyno'd yet due to wanting to take it to get it serviced at the nissan dealer first.
<div align="right">[snapback]71499[/snapback]
[/quote]

21 RWHP ?, or bhp ?, big difference here. What kind of dyno they using? Are they CALCULATING hp and torque at the crank, or MEASURING hp and torque at the wheels, because there is NO WAY these numbers are accurate to the wheels without some other modification to the ECU etc etc. The aftermarket industry never ceases to amaze me with bs.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
<div align="right">[snapback]71499[/snapback]
[/quote]

21 RWHP ?, or bhp ?, big difference here. What kind of dyno they using? Are they CALCULATING hp and torque at the crank, or MEASURING hp and torque at the wheels, because there is NO WAY these numbers are accurate to the wheels without some other modification to the ECU etc etc. The aftermarket industry never ceases to amaze me with bs.
<div align="right">[snapback]71937[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's funny people believe Crawford at the drop of a hat, but any other company..no way. 21RWHP, they have video's on their website. They used a dynojet I believe, it was a roller dyno, check the site for the dyno. They are MEASURING hp.

BTW, i'm not saying you do believe Crawford. I'm just saying it's getting frustrating seeing Crawford gains being believed by so many people but when another company makes similar gains it's bs. I do not mean to come off as arrogant, sorry if that is the way it sounds like I am coming off as. And, I firmly believe if you can get the right design, you can get good gains, just hard for some people to believe.

Another btw, someone from Crawford mentioned about 2 weeks ago in one of their threads (gasket spacer) about how Crawford headers have been proven over and over. I replied by saying I searched and came up with TWO dyno's of the Crawford headers, so I don't see how they've been proven over and over.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
It's getting crazy, probably from all of the new people I guess. Victor is just...ridiculous imo, he's too immature most of the time. Doesn't have a 350Z, has a 240SX, but his Dad has a 350Z. He just doesn't know how to act sometimes. And, I agree about the flaming, it's getting :ghey:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts