another

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[attachmentid=9772]
negative Z, just for fun.

mods to come include K&N shor ram intake, some kind of exhaust maybe custom, and tinted windows as soon as I get my payments down!!!

:OMG: :newbie:

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
nice , do u know what type of exuast ur getting?? id wait for the cai instead of the short ram worth the difference

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Nice pics!

You can look into the JWT Popcharger for your intake. It's cheaper than the K&N and you're not going to see a difference in power. Then again, if you like the K&N, go for it!

On the exhaust, I'd go with something that's been tried and tested. Borla's exhaust sounds amazing as well as the Nismo exhaust. These don't come cheap, but sound worlds better than any custom exhaust you could get. If you're looking for a loud exhaust, you can check into others like the Injen exhaust. All of these I have listed and many more will work much better than a custom job and sound 10x better.

Again, beautiful pics! I especially love the negative! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah... JWT Intake is your best bet for the money.

It's NOT worth the extra 150-200$+ IMO to go with a true CAI on this car. The JWT might put you 1-2HP shy of a true CAI...

Heck, you can't even really feel the CAI on any Z i've been in (I've been in Zs with JWT, K&N, and Injen) as much as you can hear it, so I don't think its a huge deal. Just a matter of preference.

As far as exhaust, Study made some good recommendations. I know a guy w/ a pretty stock PPW with the Injen SES straight tipped exhaust. Looks mean from the rear and the guy ran 13.67s with just K&N CAI and Injen Exhaust.

I have the Fujitsubo Y and Tanabe exhaust to be different. I am dynoing this Saturday with JWT, Kinetix Intake Plenum, and my Exhaust so I'll be sure to post the results.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. guys, this forum is awesome. I have been looking at the greddy evolution exhuast but it is kind of pricy. I do like the looks of the borla exhaust and have heard that it sounds good. So I think with everyone's input I will try the JWT intake first.

:yourock:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah... The JWT makes that baby roar after 4000-4500.

The Greddy exhaust is nice. but I'm not sure its worth the price-tag when you can get the Borla or Injen SES for 750.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by chirpingtoasters@Aug 4 2005, 02:28 PM
you should get some carbon fiber, i've always love white cars with carbon fiber products. if you're interested, i can get you some good deals on hoods, lips and trunks.
[snapback]141618[/snapback]​

Not to say CF on white or silver doesn't look hot... (I have veilside CF lip) BUT I would recommend spending money on intake, exhaust, etc. before investing in CF. CF might save you 5 pounds on your hood, but its not going to gain you any HP.

So, basically, you'll look fast... but won't be any faster (unless that 5lb. savings is HUGE).

Get some go fast goodies, than get the CF to back it IMO. I won't spend 500-700$ on a CF hood at this point b/c I know I can use that to get headers or start saving towards the Vortech SC...

Just MO though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 4 2005, 02:47 PM
:clap:  The K&N Typhoon w/ the Carbon Fiber heat sheild is what I have paired w/ the Borla exhaust, and she purrs like a lion!!!!!! :wink:

Nice pics!!!!
[snapback]141632[/snapback]​

jinxy, do you have pics of your intake on here anywhere and also how hard was it to install. Did it just bolt right in there or did you have to drill any holes for the heat shield. I would really like to see some pics. Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
Is your color hard to maintain? Man I dont know if I could do the white. I live in South Florida and the weather plus driving on these horrible highways would kill my car. I am having a hard enough time with the blue. I am wishing I got another color. Nice pictures though. :irock:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Originally posted by 007Angel@Aug 5 2005, 02:55 PM
Is your color hard to maintain? Man I dont know if I could do the white. I live in South Florida and the weather plus driving on these horrible highways would kill my car. I am having a hard enough time with the blue. I am wishing I got another color. Nice pictures though.  :irock:
[snapback]142229[/snapback]​

black and Blue are the hardest two colors to maintain on the Z

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by 007Angel@Aug 5 2005, 02:55 PM
Is your color hard to maintain? Man I dont know if I could do the white. I live in South Florida and the weather plus driving on these horrible highways would kill my car. I am having a hard enough time with the blue. I am wishing I got another color. Nice pictures though.  :irock:
[snapback]142229[/snapback]​

The Pikes Peak White isn't really that bad. I have some crappy roads here in tn as well and i usually wash the car every saturday. the only problem I really have is fresh road tar.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by Zach@Aug 7 2005, 03:48 PM
great pics - welcome!

~Z~
[snapback]142810[/snapback]​

Great pics! :cheers:

And - ahem - you chose the perfect color!

Mine is easy to keep clean.

My Nismo CAI should be on in a few days. I'll let you know the difference.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can figure out my new scanner.

Keep the hammer down, you hear?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
alright another PPW in the house!

I have a JWT, still working on the exhaust, but I think Borla will be my choice.

plenty of Pics in the Garage!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts