Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there hows everyone doing. well im new to the board and just like to say hi. i have a few questions and thought u guys might be able to answer them. first off im looking into buying a 350z, at the moment i drive a 2004 m3. just wanted to ask how good or bad is the 350 in the winter and heard that the ergonomics in the car arent the best. is it true???

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hey man welcome to the board!! going from an M3 which is one of my favorite rides. as far as in the winter i dont really experience to much snow here if thats what you are asking, overall i love the way it drives. i tell you its not a luxury car but a true sports car IMO. what kind of ergonomics are you refering to? the only thing that annoys me is the whole tire feathering issue, but hopefully that will be solved for you in the new models coming out.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The Z is awesome. Ergonomics are great. I can't complain. As for us meeting somewhere, that would be here...

Where are you located? I'm in MN and plan on storing the Z in the winter. I drove my Z32 one winter; I don't recommend it.

The car definitely gets attention and turns heads. We don't see many around here, which is cool. I get kids and senior citizens that slow down to look and point. It's fascinating.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
The Z isn't the greatest car in the winter, but provided you don't drive around in the snow you like you would on a nice summer day, you're fine. As long as you know the limitations of the car and respect them, the drive may take you longer, but you won't have any trouble

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
HMMMM that's so funny Josh, b/c I find Lucy to be extra comfy esp on long trips. I think it has to do w/ the seats. Doug gets really sore b/c his shoulders are so wide, and the "wings" on the back of the seat kinda make him hunch a little, if you get what I mean by that. He's really bummin b/c we are going on a last min trip to richmond (home to see parents and friends, maybe hang w/ chuck too) and I told him only if we can take Lucy. 5 1/2 hour drive (well I can make it faster, but not w/ doug in the car).

Back to the subject, Welcome and stick around, this forum is the BEST site around (well, aside from Zchickz, but I am partial! lol )

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Westside checkin in....BayArea CA.

Bought a Z instead of the Old Topmato's Driving Machine, mostly due to projected maintenance costs...& horror stories from my Beemer drivin coworkers... Mom owns the BMW touring wagon, likes it fine, but she's a Dr's wife, never looks at the pricetag anyway.

The Z33's a thoroughly engineered piece. Shouldn't be hard for you to get a drive in one, & I bet you'd know within about three minutes of that.
We bought the touring Z, which adds a few creature comforts...My wife's been on more trips in it than I have....& hasn't complained. I find the ride's tight, but not uncomfortable or sloppy.

I'd say you could have as much fun in the Z and save some $ & worry. I'd recommend the car to anyone looking for a sportscar in this price range....and doesn't need a backseat. Pity, Karen's friends can't bum rides from us any more.....NOT!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree with jinxxy. I drove mine from DC to Mass and it was the most comfortable ride I've had out of all the cars I've owned. There was only one thing that bothered me on the trip, and that was that I have the base model. So no cruise. Made the leg a bit cranky by the end, but oh well.

The only thing I don't like, ergonomically, is how high the windows are. Makes it hard to rest my arm on window sill when the windows are down, but I easily overlook that.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Never driven an M3, so I don't know how much help this is, but I love the ergonomics of the car. The window thing bugged me a bit when I first got it, but everything is great now. Just test drive one, and don't expect the luxury you'd get with a BMW.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jul 16 2004, 06:39 AM
I agree with jinxxy.  I drove mine from DC to Mass and it was the most comfortable ride I've had out of all the cars I've owned.  There was only one thing that bothered me on the trip, and that was that I have the base model.  So no cruise.  Made the leg a bit cranky by the end, but oh well.

The only thing I don't like, ergonomically, is how high the windows are.  Makes it hard to rest my arm on window sill when the windows are down, but I easily overlook that.

You let your sweat dribble on the door up there?!

Just kidding! I like the car because it's always comfortable to me. It's a perfect fit that has the driver's comforts in mind. Terri, just make your husband walk if he doesn't like being in the Z.

I don't know what the interior of the M3 is like, but the Z was well-engineered car like 'lionkiller' said. Yes, go test drive one.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You let your sweat dribble on the door up there?!
I cover my whole body in antipersperant so that doesn't happen.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i must say.. I AM A HAPPY person.. today i bought a 350z for 32gs Can. taxes in.. ooh one thing.. its used.. With 4,000 kilometers on it.. LOL.. i must say .. the only thing that pissed me off the most on the test drive was checking my blind spot. any pointers or does this anger eventually wear off?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got the performance model.. i like it.. just now looking around for some demestics. someone that will line up with me.. on a track that is !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts