Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wanna introduce myself to the forum. After months of pondering as to what car to buy after i sold my s2k, finally decided on the 350z and made my purchase today of a Black 35th Anniversary. The car will be arriving in mid-july so I'm very excited about it :shiftdrive:

HOpe to meet up with some of you when there are meets.

cheers,

Des :wavey:

ps. many thnx to richie for helping me out on my purchase :yourock:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Hi Des

welcome to the Anniversary club......great color choice btw :cheers:

the first 1000km are going to be frustrating, having to keep it below 4000rpm, but soon ull be able to take it to 7grand and really make some progress

what dealer did u buy from, and how much u settle for if u dont mind me asking

any plans for the car? any mods u have ur eye on?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hello Des..

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!

I was with Des when he was there signing off the paper at Gary Rogers... and he did really get a good deal!!!

I am sure you will love the handling side of the car man... and wait until you get the APS TT, then you will be satisfied with the power! So you guys should know what is he gonna do to the car next.... that's a bit hint... sorry des.... revealed your power mod for ya first :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:shiftdrive:

now to save up some funds for the TT project...

Will need to get used to the car for the run in period

HAHA, thnx Richard for revealing my plans hehe =P

TPIACE:

How's the car so far? Have u finished running in the car?

DB350z:

yea, he's been telling me abit about your car as well :wavey:

Des

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i bought my kit from xenondepot.com, around AUS $450 all up including shipping

i was sent the wrong kelvin globes in my kit, so i have all the wiring connected but havent put the globes in yet

i did send the globe back, and had another one sent out to me, so no issues there with the seller, only he sent me a wiring kit instead of a pair of globes, so im quite pissed now. Ive been waiting nearly 2 weeks to fit these things, i cant see anything with the halogen globes, they are the weakest halogens ive ever seen. I think the problem is the projector dispersing the light just too wide, and there isnt enough output in the halogen globe to fill the beam pattern

my car is at 1600kms atm. I had initial concerns about the gearbox being notchy, and hard to engage gears when cold, but now the gearbox has settled in perfectly and all those problems have gone. Im very relieved, but something to remember if u feel the same initially

i had a little run with my mates tweaked 04 WRX today and from a roll in 2nd just pulled on him, i was smiling ear to ear bcoz he's a serious "WRX are the quickest cars in the world bro" kind of guy and he was shattered :rolf2:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi Deess, were you on the s2ki forums as well (while you had the S2000)? My previous car was also an S2000, so welcome to the Zed club.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by DavidM@Jun 26 2005, 11:54 AM
Hi Deess, were you on the s2ki forums as well (while you had the S2000)? My previous car was also an S2000, so welcome to the Zed club.
[snapback]121961[/snapback]​

Yea i was, mine was a white one that i posted for sale about 6 months back. Used to read all your interesting post of the comparison of track times between various cars :clap:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by TPIACE@Jun 25 2005, 06:53 PM
i bought my kit from xenondepot.com, around AUS $450 all up including shipping

i was sent the wrong kelvin globes in my kit, so i have all the wiring connected but havent put the globes in yet

i did send the globe back, and had another one sent out to me, so no issues there with the seller, only he sent me a wiring kit instead of a pair of globes, so im quite pissed now. Ive been waiting nearly 2 weeks to fit these things, i cant see anything with the halogen globes, they are the weakest halogens ive ever seen. I think the problem is the projector dispersing the light just too wide, and there isnt enough output in the halogen globe to fill the beam pattern

my car is at 1600kms atm. I had initial concerns about the gearbox being notchy, and hard to engage gears when cold, but now the gearbox has settled in perfectly and all those problems have gone. Im very relieved, but something to remember if u feel the same initially

i had a little run with my mates tweaked 04 WRX today and from a roll in 2nd just pulled on him, i was smiling ear to ear bcoz he's a serious "WRX are the quickest cars in the world bro" kind of guy and he was shattered  :rolf2:
[snapback]121813[/snapback]​

Which kelvin globes did you get for the HID kit? I am also looking for a HID kit to put in my car when I get it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase, if you need to feel what the APS TT's like I'd be happy to take you for a spin, PM me, it's bl##dy awesome, best value power mod for the money IMO.

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
303 Posts
:welcome: :goodtimes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by ZTRACK@Jun 29 2005, 08:20 AM
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase, if you need to feel what the APS TT's like I'd be happy to take you for a spin, PM me, it's bl##dy awesome, best value power mod for the money IMO.

Cheers :cheers:
[snapback]123540[/snapback]​

Thanks for the offer ZTrack, will look forward to it :irock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts