Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie: Hi Guys,
I've been looking at the post for a few weeks now and remembered I havent introduced myself. I have an Lemans '04. Here in New Zealand we only get one model of 350z (track) - top spec, fully loaded except satnav. However mine is a year old and doesnt have 18" wheels or Brembos (now standard). The 17" wheels are actually an advantage here because our roads are crap. Third world stuff.
The car is auto (I have a f***ed foot and cant drive a manual) but it is a superb auto. Best I have ever driven.
I traded a Supra for the 350z. The supra was an awesome car in its day. The 350 is much better on the twisty bits, but slower in a straight line. As NZ has very few straight roads you can guess which I prefer.
Love the car, it is close to perfection for me. Bose stereo passable (I've had better) except for the skipping on CD for the first 10 minutes. Everything else with the car is great. I have not done any mods - I'm getting too old!
350's are rare here as they are expensive NZ$ 67000 = US$ 45000 but we are starting to get some grey imports coming in from Japan.
I dont use the car as much as I would like - I have a company car that gets used more. I am trying to get rid of that and get salary instead. That car is a Holden HSV Clubsport. Basically the 4 door version of your Pontiac GTO. Fast piece of ****. Tractor with a V8. Corners like a tractor also.
Had a good local forun for the Supra, but nothing here yet for 350's. So thanks for yours.
Cheers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome aboard. NZ, eh? I get over there quite a lot, Auckland. I know your roads are pretty rough but they're not all that bad. Great for cars like the Z that eat corners up really well!

I've got a Roadster but don't imagine your weather would be soft-top friendly. My experience is that your weather's absolute crap. Still, some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen!

BTW, you're never too old for a few tweaks here and there! ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome, and I guess we might have to adopt you on the aussie forum here. I guess we are your closest neighbours.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome!

I get to NZ alot. Auckland & Wellington. Have also been to Hamilton.
Nice spot.
Yes ur roads are bad, but great scenery makes up for that.
Love NZ except for all the Kiwi's!!! (joke)

One mod u should do that will suit ur roads is getting adjustable swaybars, improves turn-in like you would not believe.
Get some sent over from OZ or even US.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

You sound like a really nice guy that will be able to contribute a lot to the forum and hopefully some in your area as well.

Let us know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Hi, and welcome to a great site.....One question for you? I have a good pal over here from your neck of the woods.....He tells me that 'landers are all like himself......CRAZY......(in a good way).....I can't imagine more of this guy......Dave :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for your positive sentiments.
I'll post some photos sometime soon (have yet to take some). Right now I am too busy driving the thing to take photos. :shiftdrive:
To answer some of your comments:
Shezzzhot - I like the Lemanz. The black leather inside sets it off nicely. Everybody winds me up about owning an orange car, but it stands out and is heaps better than some of the bright colours available on australian cars like metallic lime or bright tangerine! They are just jealous!
The Z - we do get some good weather in summer except our summer is short 3 or so months. Its summer right now and the last week (and today) its about 32deg C sunny and humid. Great convertible weather. Winters are more temperate and the coldest it gets in Hamilton is about 8 deg c in winter (it will get to 0 overnight but it quickly warms up in the morning). I don't know if i will ever see the ICY warning.
Lastly FLZ - Yes we are. Watch out.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts