Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just thought I'd join and say hello.
While I don't own a Z it's close and I hope to pick your brains on the best performance mods available in Aust.
I have a V35 GT350 Skyline
Cheers
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome chris'

And that's a nice car too :)

Well the GT350 Skyline it's pretty much close related to the Z :)

I'm sure you can find more info with the Infinity G35 :)

But of course some of the Mods can be shared with the Z ;) like the JWT popcharger intake :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome Chris... that's a nice and special car that you have got there! As what Yun said, you should be able to find many parts to suit your car here as many owners have G35 too!

Enjoy this forum!!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
258 Posts
hey buddy are you in Perth - i saw one of these a few weeks back in joondalup and i swear it was this one in your pic haha..

I was spewin cause the traffic was bad and i wanted to get up to have a good look.. looked nice anyway!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Rossco That would be me (or the missus or daughter) driving around Joondalup as I'm around there.
To the best of my knowledge I'm the first one on the road in Perth .My car is pearl white with personal plates.

To land a V35 would cost around $50k.
If a car was sold here they cannot be brought in as grey imports so the 350Z is safe
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh i thought it must be the only one around !!!
definitely the 1st one ive seen...

my first impressions were WTF is that?? thats a MF V35 !!
Then i thought it looked NOTHING like the Z, until i got closer and then i could see all the similarities, esp exhaust, wheels, brembos, front guards and A pillar..

If i see you around joondalup again (im in Currambine) im going to corner you so i can check it out haha.. I'll be in a black typhoon

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you're interested in purchasing a standard 350z plenum and air intake let me know. From what I've seen on some G35 (what they're called in the USA) these are pretty standard mods to give you some power/torque gains.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure Rosco I live in Iluka so it's only a matter of time.
Nick
Isn't the 350Z std plenum same as mine?
I see them refer to a Z tube on the G35 forums but that's between the AF meter and plenum correct?

Speaking of spare parts I have a set of the std tyres for sale that I was forced to remove because a compliance requirement (legal to refit)they are Bridgestone 215&245/45-18's done 6,000kms.
So I will have 3 sets when these arrive friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
does this mean heaps of Zs will now come in as a grey imports too? :xZ!o:
I REALLY REALLY hope it doesnt come to that. Our Zs are unique piece of machinary. last thing i want is heaps of p-platers driving them. :doh:

btw, any1 know how many 350z are in Aus ? around 800 ?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeah thats what im worried about

if the 350 starts coming as a cheap grey import, it will kill the value of the Aus delivered cars. Just picture how the greys whored the aus delivered 300ZXs and FD RX7s

·
Registered
227 Posts
yeah thats what im worried about

if the 350 starts coming as a cheap grey import, it will kill the value of the Aus delivered cars. Just picture how the greys whored the aus delivered 300ZXs and FD RX7s
hrmm, 200sx are doing alrite with all these imports coming in. FD RX7s are doing okish in retaining their re-sale values. a '96 model still fetches around 30-40grand, compared to 20grand for a '96 Z.

i guess its why i brought my 350Z 2nd hand. although it wasnt cheap, i can comfortably drive the Z without having to worry about massive amounts of Depreciation.

what do u reckon the re-sale value will be in 4-5yrs time ? atleast 25grand ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
most of them either sitting in the Garage or on Used car dealer park lol.
haha, theres only about 60ish at the dealer's park and most of them are convertibles, lol.

haha seriously, Z owners should take their car out for a spin more often.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sure Rosco I live in Iluka so it's only a matter of time.
Nick
Isn't the 350Z std plenum same as mine?
I see them refer to a Z tube on the G35 forums but that's between the AF meter and plenum correct?

Speaking of spare parts I have a set of the std tyres for sale that I was forced to remove because a compliance requirement (legal to refit)they are Bridgestone 215&245/45-18's done 6,000kms.
So I will have 3 sets when these arrive friday.
CPV35 - I'been told that the original JDM tyres on the G35 would not pass through rego because they don't have a DOT markings on the sidewall. However, once the car has got rego, you can put any tyres you want on the car, including retreads!!!!!
So you could still use these tyres yourself rather than selling if that's the way you want to go.

How did you manage to get 3 sets of tyres?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
even my Z sitting at home in Garage. Mostly drove it during weekend, because i'm away for work in country and back home every weekend.

·
Registered
785 Posts
CPV35 - I'been told that the original JDM tyres on the G35 would not pass through rego because they don't have a DOT markings on the sidewall. However, once the car has got rego, you can put any tyres you want on the car, including retreads!!!!!
So you could still use these tyres yourself rather than selling if that's the way you want to go.

Insurance nightmare!

Huge problems if you have an accident, tyres aare the first thing that are checked by the insurance assessor.

Risky business putting those tyres on even after passing rego. There is a reason why they were taken off to pass compliance in the first place - so buyer beware!

Might be ok for use on the track if someone wants them.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i know all about the insurance hassles, as my dad is an insurance broker

assessors look at cars these days with a fine tooth comb, and will find almost anything.......so guys declare your mods with your insurer, even if it does raise your premium, dont declare those new wheels or springs and u'll get $0 when u try to make a claim. And also know that they often browse local forums and more often attend track days......this is straight from the horses mouth, so to speak

1 - 20 of 35 Posts