Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my names Steve, and im from the ACT. Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong area. I have a 2004 Daytona Blue 350Z. I look forward to reading and learning heaps more on the forum. The only mod i have are 20" wheels on the car, other than that, everything is stock.. Any other Z owners from Canberra?? Doubt it, but worth a shot. Im looking to upgrade the exhaust, but wouldnt know where to start.
Look farward to chatting more...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Welcome Steve - there are 2 popolar choices for exhausts in Aus - the Hightech stainless steel jobbie and the APS stainless steel true dual exhaust. Others include the Fujiboto exhaust and the Amuse titanium exhaust.

If you're after a lightweight titanium exhaust, I believe one of the members on this board may be selling his Amuse - his user name is Frosty.

I'm sure some of the other board members will give their input into the various pros and cons of each exhaust.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
welcome to the forum dude

my mate has the same alloys on his Alfa, but on 17.........ur a pimp with those 20s :clap:

re exhausts, after considering both the APS and High Tech, i went with the Fujitsubo Legalis R and the matching Fujitsubo Y-Pipe. Ive ordered it from a Melbourne dealer and paid just over 2K....thats the same price as the APS and High Tech!!!!!

ill give u the name of the shop if you're interested

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hello steve'

Welcome back :)

I believe you been to my350z.com forum often in the past? :) because i remember the same DB 350Z with the wheels you fitted :)

Exhaust it depend on which country you made from too ;) Australian Made or Japanese made :)

I had the Hi-tech before and made a switch to Fujitsubo Titanium. Am I happy? You bet i'm I love the sound ALOT better :)

Some of the aspect issue about the exhaust you need to decide on:
1. Power?
2. Budget?
3. Build quality?
4. Sound?
5. Weight?

Try to make which one is the most important to the Least important. :)

Example:
Hitech for in my opinion:
1. power
2. Sound
3. Budget
4. Weight
5. Build quality (had a bad experience on mine ONLY!)

Fujitsubo Ti:
1. Weight
2. Sound (love it better than Hi-tech)
3. Build quality (far superior than Hi-tech)
4. Power
5. Budget

ALl of this is my opionion and experience i had. I'm not saying the hi-tech is not good just had a bad experience though.

Cheers and good luck with your choice :)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
They look like HP Design 127's. They are a good looking wheel (one of the few Tempe Tyres sells that don't fill me with revulsion).

However, being a wheel that Tempe Tyres sells, don't expect them to be light for their size. While I don't know about these wheels specifically, Tempe Tyres has a history of selling cheap Chinese knock-off rims (hence the low prices) which are usually heavy and soft.

In Canberra its not as much of a problem, since their roads are paved like WSID, but in Sydney quite a few people have had their wheels buckle in less than a year.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I also saw those wheels at the Temple. Since then, I have seen lots of Monaros and WRX's with those wheels.
20" wheels would look good on the Z, but **** they would be heavy. Also, I hate to begin to think how much a decent set of rubber would cost in that size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Contempt@Sep 17 2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Steve, I'm Rhys I also live in Canberra. I drive a black track-spec Z with black plates. Might see you round.
[snapback]155816[/snapback]​

:wavey:
Hey Rhys, no doubt we have driven past one another, Canberra is a small place, Z drivers tend to give the old wink and a wave when another Z driver cruises by. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust system, if so, where did ya get it..?? people say Philip Exhaust are pretty good??

To the others, thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. They are HP Design wheels, and yes they are heavy, definetly need two hands to carry those, but then again, i was going for looks as apposed to weight. Still managed to beat my cousin in his VY R8 clubsport at a 40km/h rolling start, even thoe the car had 200kg's of extra weight due to the wheels. :rolf2:

How much does rubber cost, well i have Pirelli P-Zero Asemetrico's on them at the moment, 255/35 R20, and there approx $780 each. Yep, time to start saving.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by Canberra350Z+Sep 18 2005, 08:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Contempt
@Sep 17 2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Steve, I'm Rhys I also live in Canberra. I drive a black track-spec Z with black plates. Might see you round.

Hey Rhys, no doubt we have driven past one another, Canberra is a small place, Z drivers tend to give the old wink and a wave when another Z driver cruises by. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust system, if so, where did ya get it..?? people say Philip Exhaust are pretty good??

To the others, thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. They are HP Design wheels, and yes they are heavy, definetly need two hands to carry those, but then again, i was going for looks as apposed to weight. Still managed to beat my cousin in his VY R8 clubsport at a 40km/h rolling start, even thoe the car had 200kg's of extra weight due to the wheels. :rolf2:

How much does rubber cost, well i have Pirelli P-Zero Asemetrico's on them at the moment, 255/35 R20, and there approx $780 each. Yep, time to start saving.

[snapback]156159[/snapback]​

Actually, now that you mention it... Do you live down Tuggeranong way by any chance? I remember driving home on Drakeford(I think that's what it's called, it comes off the parkway) one day and seeing a car of that colour with big cromies and a fairly young guy driving it. I gave a wave and got one in return. Don't suppose that was you?

200 k/g extra and $780 each... ****!

When I get around to changing the exhaust I will be getting the APS exhaust with unichip, headers and a nice CAI(probably the Nismo v2) Unfortunately the main priority is buying a house first :(

I haven't heard anything about phillip exhaust but I hear Autotech in Fyshwick are pretty good. They are also APS dealers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by Canberra350Z+Sep 18 2005, 08:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Contempt

Actually, now that you mention it... Do you live down Tuggeranong way by any chance? I remember driving home on Drakeford(I think that's what it's called, it comes off the parkway) one day and seeing a car of that colour with big cromies and a fairly young guy driving it. I gave a wave and got one in return. Don't suppose that was you?

When I get around to changing the exhaust I will be getting the APS exhaust with unichip, headers and a nice CAI(probably the Nismo v2) Unfortunately the main priority is buying a house first :(

I haven't heard anything about phillip exhaust but I hear Autotech in Fyshwick are pretty good. They are also APS dealers.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome and nice rims. Wow extra 200kg! i guess with 20" wheels you have that bling bling factor...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Contempt+Sep 19 2005, 08:17 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 08:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Contempt

[snapback]156221[/snapback]​
Yeah that'd be me.. :wavey: YOUNG DRIVER, why thank you... 28 is fairly young i spose.. I do live down Tuggeranong way, and quite often take the parkway/drakeford drive for my trip home. Anyway, on another note, apparently Nissan put out a bulletin about faulty fuel lines. Mine at the moment is making all sorts of noises, currently have a new one on order under warrenty ($400) and is due to be replaced soon. Any of you guys heard about this, if not, might be worth while talking to your local Nissan dealer and getting it replaced just to be on the safe side. Again, thanks for your advice on the exhaust. So how much is the APS exhaust with unichip, headers and a nice CAI gonna set u back. Might source an exhaust locally thru Autotech. Be good for the Z to have a little tone coming from the exhaust.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by Canberra350Z+Sep 19 2005, 04:37 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 08:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Contempt

[snapback]156221[/snapback]​
Yeah that'd be me.. :wavey: YOUNG DRIVER, why thank you... 28 is fairly young i spose.. I do live down Tuggeranong way, and quite often take the parkway/drakeford drive for my trip home. Anyway, on another note, apparently Nissan put out a bulletin about faulty fuel lines. Mine at the moment is making all sorts of noises, currently have a new one on order under warrenty ($400) and is due to be replaced soon. Any of you guys heard about this, if not, might be worth while talking to your local Nissan dealer and getting it replaced just to be on the safe side. Again, thanks for your advice on the exhaust. So how much is the APS exhaust with unichip, headers and a nice CAI gonna set u back. Might source an exhaust locally thru Autotech. Be good for the Z to have a little tone coming from the exhaust.
[snapback]156520[/snapback]​

The zorst is $2000, unichip is $1200-1500 (not sure of the exact figure) probably about a grand for the headers and a couple of hundred for the cold air(depending on type) Don't count on much change from 5k. Sound will kick arse though and you should get a nice boost in power :)

p.s I think 28 is still pretty young... **** i'll be there in 2 years time. I won't consider myslf old till at least 35-40.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Contempt@Sep 26 2005, 01:47 AM
Hey Steve, do you regularly leave your car out front of 12 Mort? I walked past a Z that is either yours or an absolute dead-ringer twice last week.
[snapback]157954[/snapback]​
Yeah that'd be mine.. :0) I work on Mort Street, so sometimes i leave it there to stop from having to walk to City West car Park. U obviously work around that area too?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by Canberra350Z+Sep 25 2005, 04:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Contempt
@Sep 26 2005, 01:47 AM
Hey Steve, do you regularly leave your car out front of 12 Mort? I walked past a Z that is either yours or an absolute dead-ringer twice last week.
Yeah that'd be mine.. :0) I work on Mort Street, so sometimes i leave it there to stop from having to walk to City West car Park. U obviously work around that area too?
[snapback]158020[/snapback]​

Sort of... I work at Woden, the airport, the city, lyneham and Bruce with the odd trip to other sites.

I did happen to be walking accross the road to get a coke when you pulled up, I would have said hello but I was in a bit of a hurry. I'll definitely say hi next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Contempt+Sep 26 2005, 10:23 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2005, 04:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Contempt
@Sep 26 2005, 01:47 AM
[snapback]158020[/snapback]​

Sort of... I work at Woden, the airport, the city, lyneham and Bruce with the odd trip to other sites.

I did happen to be walking accross the road to get a coke when you pulled up, I would have said hello but I was in a bit of a hurry. I'll definitely say hi next time.
[snapback]158087[/snapback]​
Im guessing ur with DEST or DEWR, then again i could be wrong on both counts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts