Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
excellent site format...btw very nice pics posted by fellow members.
i also appreciate the maturity, less rowdy atmosphere. Good job :wavey:

·
Registered
146 Posts
My current car is a Mazda6 so I am a regular over on mazda6club. While I do prefer most aspects of this board over the 6club, one thing I enjoy about 6club is that the moderators/administrators limit the size of users' signatures to avoid excess clutter and unnecessary scrolling while browsing threads. There doesn't seem to be such a restriction on this board, and I find myself scrolling through lots and lots of repetitive large pictures and animated smilies while reading through the posts.

I don't want to seem ungrateful or point fingers at anyone, but it can be especially cumbersome for a newbie like me who is scouring the site for information and I have to shlog through all of the repetitive animated gifs!

Anyway, that's my only real gripe so far. I do like the shout box and chat room features, and everyone here seems to have a positive disposition. I look forward to taking delivery of my Z and becoming part of the family!

-steve

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
My current car is a Mazda6 so I am a regular over on mazda6club. While I do prefer most aspects of this board over the 6club, one thing I enjoy about 6club is that the moderators/administrators limit the size of users' signatures to avoid excess clutter and unnecessary scrolling while browsing threads. There doesn't seem to be such a restriction on this board, and I find myself scrolling through lots and lots of repetitive large pictures and animated smilies while reading through the posts.

I don't want to seem ungrateful or point fingers at anyone, but it can be especially cumbersome for a newbie like me who is scouring the site for information and I have to shlog through all of the repetitive animated gifs!

Anyway, that's my only real gripe so far. I do like the shout box and chat room features, and everyone here seems to have a positive disposition. I look forward to taking delivery of my Z and becoming part of the family!

-steve
I know what you mean.. if it helps, you can turn off signatures in your control panel and never have to worry about it. That is what I do and its so much better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know what you mean.. if it helps, you can turn off signatures in your control panel and never have to worry about it. That is what I do and its so much better.
Ahhhh, I forgot about that feature! Thanks for the reminder!

also, i'll point out that a sig is only listed once on each page. if someone posts multiple times on the same page, his sig is only listed once
Hmm, never noticed that. For some reason I thought it popped up each time. I'll re-check myself.

EDIT - I just opened up the thread I started about my new Z (in the newbie section labeled 'I took the plunge!'), and every time illz33 posts, for example, his signature comes up. At least it does when I view the thread using my account. Maybe there is also an option, similar to what Toykilla suggested, where I can set it so each sig only shows up once? I do like to see people's signatures, just not so many times!

-steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Newbie Feedback Appreciated

Tell us what you think of 350z-tech

>>Is it better than you expected?

Yes, I enjoy the wiki pages in addition to the members input on the forum. Definately a growing resource for 350z fanatics.

>>Would you visit us daily?

Yes, however I would like the ability to see notifications of new topics via email. This would allow me to participate in responses with more knowledgeable and timely information.

>>Are you getting Welcomed by fellow members?

The veterans, yes.

>>Are you getting the technical info you need for your car?

Wiki Pages.. tons.

>>Would you recommned us to others?

Already have, good source for info for my 350z enthusiast customers.

>> Also, what would you want changed about the site, if there is anything? (JTS2005)

As content increases, separate G35 and GTR into their own respective sites.

Keep up the good work JTS2005, your doing a fine job of creating a 350z community online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the site is FANTASTIC gonna be a Z owner as soon as I find one I want. I have been through almost everything and the content is great and not garbage and I am ready to start modding the Z the day I get it based on tons of great ideas, parts, pictures and everything the site has provided for me. Keep up the good work!!! I am here everyday looking for new stuff and ideas. Also, the members of this forum are really great and there seems to be a free share of opinions and ideas without discrimination which is extremely hard to find in a forum with this many members. Thanks again and glad to be a part of the board and looking forward to being a bigger part when I get the Z. THANKS AGAIN!!

Jay

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
1) I didnt have any expectations =)
2) Yes i will, and do since i found this site.
3) Yes, everyone i have spoken with is very friendly and extremly knowledgable.
4) Yes, slowly but surely, i dont have a great deal of knowledge about this car or any for that matter, so it will take some time.
5) Haha, NO! I want the Hottest Z in Miami, So i keep this to myself (J/K but not really)
6) Nothing, whomever put this site together did it because they have a passion, I am very grateful to that person/people, and its not my place to criticize.

Great site, especially for someone whom does not have a great deal of knowledge about cars in general. I have learned a lot already from people sharing their passion, truely a great site with great people.

Thank you!
Morrolan
Bucky -

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sweet ass sight. I found you guys in my time of need, technical need that is. I love this site because you guys have done all the pioneering, so we (read: N00Bs) can learn from your mistakes/triumphs. I had to find a mysterious "Vehicle Speed Sensor" to accuratley install my new NAVI ( Pioneer AVIC-Z1), and I did such through correspondence with other members and the available service manual (although a wire diagram would be better than scanning through pages of troubleshooting outlines, but thanks to you guys, I did get my answer) I am learning a lot here, and I have spent about 7 hours on this site in the last 2 days just gleaning knowledge from you guys. Your cars are very inspiring as well. Thanks everyone, and I really hope to be able to contribute.

Anyone try out the cheapo short shift kit? I want a short shifter kit but am scared to pay 200 bucks for the B&M ( I just blew 3 G's on a NAVI and system, and I still don't have any Dynamat)

Rich

(I will get some pics of my Z when I install the stereo/NAVI)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Absolutely amazing site....I especially appreciate the aftermarket part reviews and tutorials. I'm never paying for labor again!!! Unless I absolutely have to that is.....I can't wait to get some pics of my Z up on here!

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
nyone try out the cheapo short shift kit? I want a short shifter kit but am scared to pay 200 bucks for the B&M

I saw a $30 shifter on ebay.. thought about giving it a shot just because.. I have the B&M and dont like it much. It keeps getting stuck when trying to fast shift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newbie Feedback Appreciated

Tell us what you think of 350z-tech

Is it better than you expected?
Would you visit us daily?
Are you getting Welcomed by fellow members?
Are you getting the technical info you need for your car?
Would you recommned us to others?
Also, what would you want changed about the site, if there is anything? (JTS2005)
Tell us what you think in general

etc...

Your feedback is greatly appreciated :wavey:

:newbie: :yourock:
Well,
Being new to all this, I'm still trying to figure out how to post a question or comment.
Alan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is it better than you expected?
It's better than I remember it being. I came by a long time ago before I had a Z. It's much better now.

Would you visit us daily?
I already am. This has become one of the pages I visit multiple times a day.

Are you getting Welcomed by fellow members?
Sure!

Are you getting the technical info you need for your car?
Most of it but I'm still coming up with questions.

Would you recommned us to others?
For sure. It's my favorite 350 page.

Also, what would you want changed about the site, if there is anything? (JTS2005)
I had a hard time finding the section to make my own page for the garage. I did finally find it though.
Not a big deal but I think it's weird that the main page (www.350z-tech.com) doesn't just go to (http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/) I think all the links could be put there instead of having the garage listed on the main page. Just a personal thing I'm sure.

Tell us what you think in general
I like the wiki stuff and it's great being able to edit everything. I've added a few minor things already. Nothing special really but hopefully I did it the correct way. It's a great way to get information added fast. I would like to see more group buys as well. It doesn't seem like there are very many right now. Oh, and if someone would just send me a free Turbonetics Single Turbo kits that would be great. I don't know who I need to talk to about that though. :)

21 - 40 of 158 Posts