Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my silverstone 350Z roadster enthusiast with MT so bad. I was lied to by two different dealers whom have wasted my valuable time. It has been a complete nightmare for me. One salesmanager told me they had the exact model that I wanted, please come down. I was so excited and went the following morning. I arrive and find out that the car was not in stock. She said it was sold already. I found it hard to believe and later learned that this was an outright lie.

I received a call from another dealership. I told him what I had gone through and he seemed very friendly and understanding. He assured me that if we reached an agreemet, he would be able to pick up the car within 10 minutes from another dealership. I arrive and I see two beautiful roadsters. One in black and one in silverstone. The silverstone turned out to be an automatic. I knew it didn't look good when the SOB tried to convince me to get the black. I looked at him in disgust. But still I took his word and after waiting close to an hour, we reached an agreement. So where's my car? Sorry sir, the only one we have available is in chrome silver. I couldn't believe this was happening. My brother whispered to me "What's with car salesmen??? They outright lie to you to get you on the lot expecting to get a car you don't really want?"

I received a call from another manager at the first dealership and he told me that they had the exact model I wanted. I said ok great, I'll be there tomorrow. Before showing up, I call to verify from a diffrent salesman. And he said yes, uh huh, we do have it. Please check again, I need to know for sure before I go. I'm going to be extremely upset if you don't have the car. He puts me on hold for 12 minutes. His manager gets on the online and tells me that they don't have it. He will do his best to find it for me. He calls me back the following day and tells me that the color Silverstone does not exist for the 350z enthusiast roadster in manual transmission.

Please help. I just want my car. I don't want to deal with salesmen anymore. Does this color exist for this model? Why can't any of them be straight forward with me? How was your buying experience?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
My experience was great. Most car salesmen are total pricks though and will deceive you in anyway to get you to buy a car. I think they are lying through their teeth though about SS not being available on a MT enthusiast roadster. Its basically the most common color too. You should post the name of this dealer all over these boards so that no one will go to them. Thats what these boards are for. To help the buyer in his purchase. We have a section for good and bad guys. You should start there.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Wow. That sucks. Sorry you've had such a bad experience. My experience was nothing like that. When I got my Z I went in with general ones, not a specific one, and was able to find something on the lot that I wanted. When I tried to get a different Z, I browsed dealer inventories online and contacted the dealers that had what I wanted listed. I ended up not making a deal the second time, though because I didn't like the numbers I was offered.

As far as the availability of SS Enthusiast Roadsters, I have no idea. We have a color breakdown by trim for the 2003s, but we don't have one for 2004s. If you're looking for a 2004, you could be sh!t out of luck because obviously they're no longer making them and you're stuck with what's still available. If you're looking at 2005s, you can always order one from the factory

·
Registered
6 Posts
DO NOT TALK TO A REGULAR SALESMAN. Call on the phone and ask for the internet sales dept. If they don't then ask for fleet sales. Agree to a price over the phone and then go meet face to face.
I don't know if ANY dealership will come off the price on a roadster but you could cut down on a lot of the other hassels going my way.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have had such a terrible time. Unfortunately DiRN is right, they are only producing the 05's now. You might want to order one if your heart is set on a specific one. When I went in all I knew is that I had to have a Z, got a redline w/ a bad tranny we found out 30 mins after picking her up. I was devestated. The dealer said he could have me in any one that I wanted w/ in 48 hours. I told him I didn't care what color it was but I wanted the same options on the new one that I had on the redline. I ended up w/ the beautiful brickyard w/ more options for a better price (they felt awful about the tranny thing). If you are dead set on what you want order it up in the 05 model~ Just my $.02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys...how do I order from the factory? Direct on Nissan's website? Thanks in advance. I'm dead set on the SS with Manual trans.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by smokeee@Oct 9 2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys...how do I order from the factory? Direct on Nissan's website?  Thanks in advance.  I'm dead set on the SS with Manual trans.

I got my Z in S.S. as they did not have the color I wanted at the time with the options I wanted. I have never had a regret of my color choice since day 1. I absolutely love her, and I'm sure you will to once you get it.

To order from the factory, you would usually find a trustworthy dealer and go to them to place the order.

What state do you reside in? Maybe I or someone else on the board in your state can suggest something not too far away.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Call
Duarte Performance Nissan
(626) 305-3000
1434 Buena Vista St
Duarte, CA 91010

Tell them you are a member here and that you would like to set up an appt to talk about ordering a 350Z. Say HI to Jason for us while you are there. I have had nothing but good luck with these guys as far as ordering parts for my Z, and hear nothing but GREAT stuff about their service department. Maybe someone out there can recommend a salesman to talk to from there.

I-5 N to I-605 N. to I-210 W via the exit on the LEFT toward PASADENA.
Exit toward BUENA VISTA ST. Turn LEFT onto CENTRAL AVE. Turn RIGHT onto BUENA VISTA ST. 1434 BUENA VISTA ST DUARTE CA (got these directions off of yahoo btw don't hold me responsible for construction or traffic out there~! I used to live in Venice Beach
)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
W00t Cali! I lived in Yorba Linda for 7 years. Man I miss that place.

You should be able to find what you're looking for through an internet sales department, and the guys in Duarte are great (Z enthusiasts too!). Best of luck with it all!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah I definately would recommend Performance Nissan to go to. Probably the most enthusiastic 350z dealer in the US.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
QUOTE from [email protected] on motoring:

Forum pricing for 350zmotoring.com members:
I can set you all up with great pricing for new 350z. 1000-2000 discounts off MSRP plus good financing options. Can even include mods on your financing.

PM me your contact info and what you are looking for and I can help you into your 350z!

05's on the lot with some 04's remaining

unquote...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a similiar experience, they told me that if I came in he would have the car for me then next day or so. Well we are on day seven and he keeps telling me that he is going to find my car. I am a newbie, done alot of reading and I am ready to get my car. I am tired of this please keep waiting, we may find something you like. Does anyone know a good dealer either in the D.C. area, or my home town of Chapel Hill? I am looking for someone who is straightforward and will not jerk me around. Please help if anyone knows of any dealers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go to the Nissan site and configure the Z that you want then click on search. You can then see what each dealer has in their inventory. According to Nissan, they updates the dealer inventory listings when the dealer reports their sales, so look at the end of the month. It fairly accurate as I have checked it against my local dealers inventory three times and it was right on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts