Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody else here from NJ? need to hang out with the Z crew.

I asked my dealer about warranty if i did modifications to my car. He told me if i modified anything to do with the engine that the warranty will be voided.

Well I thought real quick and mentioned the word NISMO
a nissan affiliated company for high performance parts. He then stated that if its made by NISMO then it would be covered.

I visited the NISMO website to check out the modication parts and every part i was interested in said (not for street use!) so there goes the warranty again!
whats wrong with this picture. they want us to buy the cars but don't want to back them up! And to top it off I don't want all NISMO parts on my car anyway. any imput appreciated...thx guys & gals.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
S-tune parts are ok for warranty. R-tune parts are not, though some dealers will overlook stuff like the NISMO CAI. And welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay here and happy reading(and modding)

·
Registered
57 Posts
What part of jersey are you from? I am in between Princeton in Trenton...

For modding... Its a tough choice. Do stuff that they won't really care about for awhile ... example. Here are mods i have...

Tints, grounding kit, JWT popcharger, Clear corners, and a grille-tech grille.

I am thinkin that I am going to do all audio stuff for awhile until the warranty goes away. But so far I have no problems with the car, so whatever.

If i am not mistaken, you can get the stillen SC and have that under warranty right?

Post up some pics and your location.. Check the "mid atlantic" section of this site, and i have a post of a few Z's hangin out at the place I work...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">First, welcome aboard

Nissan does want to warranty the car. But if you go and start changing the car, they don't want to be responsible if you fvck it up. It sucks, but it makes sense. That being said, you can do any mods you want, and still get warranty service provided your mod didn't cause the problem (taking out mods before going in for service is sometimes a good idea). Some dealerships can be dicks and try to blame mods for causing a problem they clearly didn't cause.

Companies such as Stillen and GReddy warranty their F/I parts, but only if installed by authorized installers. And of course if you install a TT and it causes your engine to blow, GReddy isn't covering the engine (it's not their engine), and Nissan isn't going to anymore either (a non-Nissan part caused the problem).</span>

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fishbrains, I live in Westampton which is in burlington county. but i also know mercer county well because used to live there b4 (trenton). Actually i plan on doing some of the modifications (cosmetics) u did, like the tint, mesh grille, clear corners...etc how about that jwt pop charger how is it working for u? any more horsepower? sounds different? I'll check out the midatlantic post for the hangout.

thx for your reply

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Welcome to the site!

In case you're interested in meeting some more of the fine folks here, the ECZA will host it's annual fall meet in Exton, PA on November 6. Some details here

Should be quite a few Z's from NJ, PA and around the region. I'd mention DE, but I seem to be the only person here from Delaware.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by TrackZ03@Oct 2 2004, 11:22 AM
Should be quite a few Z's from NJ, PA and around the region. I'd mention DE, but I seem to be the only person here from Delaware.

Track, you are actually 1 of 2 people here from DE. Haha

Jersey's startin' to take over!

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
jersey rocks!

well, except for insurance issues...

but welcome to the board. you can also get away with minor mods to your car and keep the warranty by simply switching it back to stock when you take it back to the dealer (assuming you kept the stock parts)

but like mentioned above, if the mod didnt cause the problem or isnt related, it should still be covered

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thx hazade! thx for your advise. I will definitely keep all original stock parts just incase. I may first do the pop charger instead of the complete cold intake. then some cosmetic additions should keep me busy for awhile. hey what part of jersey r u from?

tony 04 silverstone base

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thx Dirn for the great information! Looks like we do have a few people from Jersey. what part of Jersey do u live at?

thx again!
tony 04 ss

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Welcome to the boards, its always a pleasure to find another Z owner in NJ. I live in Hunterdon County and I try to go to as many events as possible in the surrounding east coast. I am also sponsored with MRC motorsports located in Spotswood, NJ. If you would like to add some aftermarket parts, feel free to look them up and give a call or stop by the shop.

www.racemrc.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts