Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought a 2005 Blue Base Model 350Z...pretty excited. I'm ready to go on the after market now!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Good to have you aboard, mate. :welcome:

Post some pics soon.

Let's Ride. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the the Nismo style spoiler on the blue Z? How do you guys feel about it?...I've seen the carbon versions around as well...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats, great choice in color :) it will be a fun ride.
Hey man....you're in south Florida?....I live in Jacksonville... How's that Greddy TT working out for you? 401whp?...I presume you've adressed timing and fuel as well? I've got big plans for mine also. I'm doing my HW between the Greddy and APS TTs. First I want to get some 19s for it though. ...working an extra job over Christmas...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hey man....you're in south Florida?....I live in Jacksonville... How's that Greddy TT working out for you? 401whp?...I presume you've adressed timing and fuel as well? I've got big plans for mine also. I'm doing my HW between the Greddy and APS TTs. First I want to get some 19s for it though. ...working an extra job over Christmas...
Yeap in Palm Beach county, I love FI there is nothing like 400 RWHP to get the blood going, I have addressed timing and fuel. If you need any help deciding feel free to ask away, I have had the Greddy for 1.5 years so I have become very familiar with it and what it takes to get it to where it is now as well as the APS kits since we are dealers for them plus have installed both.

Is the the Nismo style spoiler on the blue Z? How do you guys feel about it?...I've seen the carbon versions around as well...
I have the US Nismo lip and the Nismo replica spoiler, I am not crazy about the US Nismo spoiler

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeap in Palm Beach county, I love FI there is nothing like 400 RWHP to get the blood going, I have addressed timing and fuel. If you need any help deciding feel free to ask away, I have had the Greddy for 1.5 years so I have become very familiar with it and what it takes to get it to where it is now as well as the APS kits since we are dealers for them plus have installed both.
I have the US Nismo lip and the Nismo replica spoiler, I am not crazy about the US Nismo spoiler
O you're a dealer??...
What does the APS put out on the recomended boost w/o risk of blowing anything up? That kit adresses timing and fuel in and of itself doesn't it? I think I read it comes with new fuel lines and fuel management...etc?
I've seen many numbers in the 400s and up...isn't that around 8 or 9 pounds of boost?
Can you guys get wheels?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
O you're a dealer??...
What does the APS put out on the recomended boost w/o risk of blowing anything up? That kit adresses timing and fuel in and of itself doesn't it? I think I read it comes with new fuel lines and fuel management...etc?
I've seen many numbers in the 400s and up...isn't that around 8 or 9 pounds of boost?
Can you guys get wheels?

Yes we are.

The APS kits (TT and ST) come with around 8.5-9 psi, it does address timing and fuel via the unichip piggyback. It comes with a fuel pressure regulator and return (not a full return system with rails and such) but they say good enough for 600 at the flywheel, which is what their injectors are good for as well.

8-9 psi with test pipes and full 2.5 dual exhaust will get you in the low 400's, it seems that the beoief now is that the stock motor is good up to 500 rwhp with a good tune, the old belief was 400rwhp but that was passed and gone.

Yes I can get wheels as well.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes we are.

The APS kits (TT and ST) come with around 8.5-9 psi, it does address timing and fuel via the unichip piggyback. It comes with a fuel pressure regulator and return (not a full return system with rails and such) but they say good enough for 600 at the flywheel, which is what their injectors are good for as well.

8-9 psi with test pipes and full 2.5 dual exhaust will get you in the low 400's, it seems that the beoief now is that the stock motor is good up to 500 rwhp with a good tune, the old belief was 400rwhp but that was passed and gone.

Yes I can get wheels as well.
would exhaust cut-outs be effective?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well yeah but man that would sound nasty.
....too nasty a sound for too clean a car....?
Where's the best place to get a tune around here neways?.... Titan motorsports?...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
....too nasty a sound for too clean a car....?
Where's the best place to get a tune around here neways?.... Titan motorsports?...
you got it :shiftdrive:

Not sure who is up that way, I can ask Roger if he knows anyone up there,if you were closer I would tell you to come to us once the dyno is up and running.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you got it :shiftdrive:

Not sure who is up that way, I can ask Roger if he knows anyone up there,if you were closer I would tell you to come to us once the dyno is up and running.
oo you're putting in a dyno?? dyno jet or what? My dad actually does a lot of work down that way, so maybe someday in the future I can stop by... My TT plans are pretty distant anyhow... Can you get anymore out of the car by re-programming the ECU on the Z? I heard maybe moving the rev limiter to 7100?
What is the best way to go about getting wheels and tires? I'd rather not spend tooo much and put the money back into making the car faster...
BTW....I just pulled a Boxer pretty nasty...Gosh I love this car!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
oo you're putting in a dyno?? dyno jet or what? My dad actually does a lot of work down that way, so maybe someday in the future I can stop by... My TT plans are pretty distant anyhow... Can you get anymore out of the car by re-programming the ECU on the Z? I heard maybe moving the rev limiter to 7100?
What is the best way to go about getting wheels and tires? I'd rather not spend tooo much and put the money back into making the car faster...
BTW....I just pulled a Boxer pretty nasty...Gosh I love this car!
It is an AWD load based Mustang Dyno, better for tuning than Dynojet.

The reflash of the ECU works for some but since it is not done with the car in hand sometimes it doesn't work well.

There is no need for rasing the rev limiter I never did, I would start with some NA mods that will give you some additional hp in the middle of the band, before NA I used to love 3-4k rpms in any gear man the car pulled nicely.

Here is my suggestion:
K&N Filter
Intake Plenum or spacer
Light crank pulley
Hi Flo Cats
exhaust (Some believe dual but for NA I think it is too much so I suggest y-pipe) If you are looking for a low cost exhaust we make a y-pipe and mid pipe that can be used with the stock muffler

Then after that you can dyno and see where your AF ratio is at and if you need tuning, then you can also have the dealer up your timing by a couple of degrees.

We do wheels and usually not tires but if you want I can look into it, there is a line of wheels that look good and inexpensive like the ones on my car they go for around 1k for the set depending on size.

PM me with any requests so we don't butcher this thread any more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts