Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan will release more details about the Z35 on 9/15/20 at 6:30 PM MST.

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That was a longer presentation than I expected. Almost a full hour to get the faithful revved up! also interesting from the perspective that Nissan has changed their marketing towards online reveals rather than big car shows. I suspect Nissan will stick with the traditional concept reveal one year and then gets another bite at the apple the following year. That would mean Z35 production starts in '21 as a '22 model. Notice how all the questions for the Z proto were of a conceptual nature, rather than of many details?

On a personal note, I definitely liked what I saw and since the Z33 interior was already based on the S30, there's really nothing to complain about. Digital instrumentation should update the design nicely, if they don't make all the adjustment knobs and buttons virtual. Exterior styling looks good,but I'll have to see it at the dealership before I put down $$$. Details count for a lot and we simply won't know much until Z35 production plans reach maturity (my guess is next spring). What did YOU think of it?

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting you think the the Z35 styling is simple. I find the lines to be complex, particularly the rising beltline into the rear fenders. Like the 350Z, it's got some prominent fender flares that gives the design some aggressiveness. I agree it looks promising and am curious about the development of the front end as production gets closer. What did you think of the interior?

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

While the comments are in Japanese, there's plenty of visual content of the new Z in this broadcast. It's the most detailed look at the Z35 proto yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's surprising how quickly discussion on the Z35 prototype has died down. Of course, there never was much discussion here; although I count no less than six threads started about a new Z in past years.

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Interesting how the author of this article didn't think the interior of the Z proto had any cues from past Zs? Huh? What about the three gauge package on top of the IP? That's been a Z styling cue since the 240Z! Meanwhile, the three HVAC dials at the bottom of the waterfall of the Z proto are reminiscent of the 350Z, and makes me wonder if the writer has even paid much attention to what a Z is all about.

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here's another Nissan-sponsored video with the Nissan CEO, Chief Designer and Z35 Project leader talking about the proto. Nissan is attempting to pre-market the Z35 using internal figures to do some of the promo work during the pandemic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts