Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it a few hours ago. I will have pics up soon. If not tonight then the next day I have off is Wed.

I'm pretty sure I got a sweet deal, thats why I got it now instead of next month when I was planning. 04 Track, Chrome Silver, Carbon cloth, Side and curtain air bags, carpet floor/trunk mats, kick plate, 600 mi (because the dealer manager took it for a weekend) = $31,500. I think thats about $1000 below invoice, so I'm pretty happy about now.

The only thing I wanted different is the color, I was hoping for SB or SS, but I can always have i painted I guess. It was the last 04 they had, and they really wanted to move it before spring. If I didn't get a deal I don't know what would be.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:faint: ****, bro! That was fast. Just the other night we were talking about you looking for a Z. Good job on picking up the last 04 they had. :cheers:

Now the addiction begins. :shiftdrive: :whip: :shoot:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

Yeah, the dealer just needed to get rid of it, I was just going there today to have them order me a performance. It helps that they knew I could get it, I've been harasing them for about 4 months. hehe.

lol, I've been addicted for a while now. This is going to be fun.

Well time to drive. :shiftdrive: :Bolt:

·
Registered
180 Posts
[/quote]

Yeah, the dealer just needed to get rid of it, I was just going there today to have them order me a performance. It helps that they knew I could get it, I've been harasing them for about 4 months. hehe.

lol, I've been addicted for a while now. This is going to be fun.

Well time to drive. :shiftdrive: :Bolt:
<div align="right">[snapback]77489[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great buy!! Looks sharp!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh man am I really pissed off. Naturaly it snowed the day after I get my Z. No big deal I'm a safe driver when I want to be. Then some ******* didn't kick the snow/ice chunks off their **** redneck truck and a block of it falls off and goes under my front end, pushed up on the bumper and cracks it right down the middle. It also pushed up my grille and cracked that too, but you can't notice that. The crack is small on the lower lip of the bumper, but its noticable cause its CS. It doesn't go all the way down, its on the top of the lip and goes back, but when the lip curls under the car its still together.

If this didn't happen a **** day after I got it I might not be so pissed righ now. What makes me more mad is that there isn't a **** thing I can do about it.

So I just got a CF front lower center panel finisher. Here.

Not what I wanted for my first mod, if you can call it that. I am also going to do the billet grille thing, but I was porbably going to do that anyway.

Have I mentioned I'm pissed off. :punch: :punch: :xZ!o: :xZ!o:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:doh: I know you're excited about your Z and all, but DRIVE THE SATURN! That's going to bother you until you get it fixed. I hope it isn't too bad and that it can be fixed to the point of near stock.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Nice choice of color and model zlegend! Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Hey man, dont feel too bad. My first week I had my Z, I drove over some snowy ice stuff, and bottomed out on a piece of rasied ice.. It carved a foot long scratch on the bottom of my sideskirt all Titanic style. Focker.

THEN, the next week, I was backing down my driveway and my left front wheel got a bit too close to my retarded stoop that curves into the driveway.. car stopped. I'm like, wtf. The curb pretty much stopped my car by grabbing the side of my rim. Small scratch, got it out, but paint fell off of the wheel and everything. Buffed the **** outta it, its barely noticable, but DAMMIT!!

Sooo I know the feeling. Dont worry, the bad luck ends after the 2nd week (for me anyways)..

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Ugh, congrats on the new car, condolensces on the crack. Hopefully things will start looking up once the white sh*t thaws and you can hit some dry road!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/quote]

This is the first time since about a week after I got the Saturn that I wish I had it. I traded it in. I don't feel to bad cause I ripped the dealership off on it. But now I really want it back to drive in the snow. I'm almost afraid to drive the Z for fear something stupid like that will happen again. But I didn't get it to look at.

The crack shouldn't be hard to fix. I'm not sure if I should get the CF lip cover or not now, it wasn't in stock so I have a day or so to decide. If anyone has advice on that please let me know.

I don't have a wider pic of it, if anyone wants to see one let me know too, any advice will be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yikes, looks like it did a lot of damage to your grille too. Are you going to get something aftermarket to replace it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Man I hate that happened to ya! Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[/quote]

Yeah, probaby, I'm more worried about taking care of the crack right now though. The grille is split in a few spots but I think it looks worse in the picture because there was some snow in the corners I couldn't brush off entirely. I'm thinking I'll go the cheap route and get some truck billet to put over the grille untill something really catches my eye. That should hide pretty much everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts