Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I finally got my 2004 Daytona Blue 350Z yesterday. I traded in my 2004 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type-S. I miss some of the Acura's refinements, but this new baby is hands down much more fun to drive. Glad to be here. Late.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Congrats on the Z purchase and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I lost just under 3K on the trade..I didn't care though, I just had to get the car. I wanted the Daytona Blue and the dealership had a Base and 2 raodsters in that color. I preferred the coupe so I took the Base model. Not having cruise control, HID, and LSD annoys me somewhat, but I forget about everything as soon as I hear the engine growl. Besides autocrossers would agree that the VDC gets in the way when the car's pushed to it's limits even though it's off. The LSD would've been nice though. Well, it's great to be here, thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You can always pick up aftermarket LSD and HIDs. After that, if you pick up the pretty little pedals and the autodimming mirror, you'll have all the cool stuff from the Enthusiast, without all the extra crap

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks DiRN. I was just looking at a clutch-type LSD for about $1200, guess that's about right. Any idea on how much the HID's and auto dimming mirrors would cost? Cruise control's an option that I can't get huh? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Cruise Control requires more than just adding the CC itself. You'd need to replace the steering wheel (not a big deal), and the ECU (a big deal).

Dave079 and NismoKid have both purchased aftermarket HIDs, but I believe the place they got them from stopped selling them.

I'm not sure how much the stock autodimming mirror is, but there's also an OEM autodimming mirror with a compass for $272.65.</span>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts