Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal is to have new wheels on the car before the gathering at Englishtown in June.

Anyway, since I can't afford HRE's (they are sweet!), I will settle for something a little more affordable that will look good with my PPW.

What do you guys think of these?

Enkei PK6 - http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/...nkpk6.sm.xl.jpg

Also does anyone know if the Tire Pressure system is transferable, if not my stock rims must stay!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
So what have you decided on or are you still looking? I keep going back to the ADR's in hyperblack.

Are those Enkeis going to be for show? What size are you thinking of getting?

I'm going to stick with 18's but go wider, just like the Nismo wheels.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still looking - the ADR is nice but I think I want gun metal or hyper black, also found some 5zigens that are nice too.

I have the stock rims, but want to get some dimension/depth in the wheel well without going bankrupt. trying to keep the ppw and aluminum look going.

thanks for the suggestions, I wish I knew someone local that I could see them live.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, when I finally get mine this spring, I'll post pics. I have a PPW and don't want anything too dark. I also have to watch the $$$ on wheels. I think anything under $1k for wheels is a good deal. It's the tires that's going to kill me.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you looking into?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I read that 18's are the way to go for track performance. Other pros to 18's are better handling, easier on tires, lighter, and not too outrageous (I like the lower profile than 19's or 20's). Obviously, since money is an issue, I won't be buying any Volks or HRE's, so ADR's seem to be calling my name.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 26 2004, 04:20 PM
How about these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43959

I have seem writeups or how-tos on transferring the bands onto new wheels.  You have to do most of the work.

i got a quick question about those ADR rims..i clicked on the 19" rims and saw the same ones. the sizes are: 19x8.5front and 19x9.5 rear with a 35mm offset for both front and rear. with that 35mm off set for front and rear, will those rims fit flush with the fender? in example not be tucked in or be sticking out? thanks..

james

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by tresfifdeeZ+Dec 27 2004, 09:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Dec 26 2004, 04:20 PM
How about these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43959

I have seem writeups or how-tos on transferring the bands onto new wheels.  You have to do most of the work.

i got a quick question about those ADR rims..i clicked on the 19" rims and saw the same ones. the sizes are: 19x8.5front and 19x9.5 rear with a 35mm offset for both front and rear. with that 35mm off set for front and rear, will those rims fit flush with the fender? in example not be tucked in or be sticking out? thanks..

james

I seem to recall several people with that setup and no complaints. I think someone actually took pics to prove how flush the tire/wheel combo is within the well. The OEM offset is about 33 mm. Don't know if that helps or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by buZam@Dec 25 2004, 05:00 PM
My goal is to have new wheels on the car before the gathering at Englishtown in June.

Anyway, since I can't afford HRE's (they are sweet!), I will settle for something a little more affordable that will look good with my PPW.

What do you guys think of these?

Enkei PK6 - http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/...nkpk6.sm.xl.jpg

Also does anyone know if the Tire Pressure system is transferable, if not my stock rims must stay!!

You can keep your factory TPS on aftermarket rims.

Here is a pic of the sensor mounted on a new rim.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 27 2004, 11:07 PM
Well, when I finally get mine this spring, I'll post pics.  I have a PPW and don't want anything too dark.  I also have to watch the $$$ on wheels.  I think anything under $1k for wheels is a good deal.  It's the tires that's going to kill me.
[snapback]54645[/snapback]​

I call :bs: on this :pw: :rolf2:

Pete, still looking for wheels?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
we have a tutorial for this on out new site (not launched yet), but here is the tut:

[attachmentid=10458]

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Sep 18 2005, 10:56 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2004, 11:07 PM
Well, when I finally get mine this spring, I'll post pics. I have a PPW and don't want anything too dark. I also have to watch the $$$ on wheels. I think anything under $1k for wheels is a good deal. It's the tires that's going to kill me.
[snapback]54645[/snapback]​

I call :bs: on this :pw: :rolf2:

[snapback]155973[/snapback]​

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :goodtimes:

<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Sep 18 2005, 11:00 AM
we have a tutorial for this on out new site (not launched yet), but here is the tut:

[attachmentid=10458]
[snapback]155974[/snapback]​

Very nice work Josh! :clap:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Let us know what you decide on. :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
go with Enkei RPF1s super light, big sizes and nice low offset to set it out against the fender, besides like half the price of TE37s

1 - 16 of 16 Posts