Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a few hours online tonight and have not been able to find anyone who sels the VQ35DE block new. I want to start a project motor and am not having any luck with the most basic component lol... :doh:

Also anybody done any work with Darton... looking at getting the block sleeved with them.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I have been looking for a few hours online tonight and have not been able to find anyone who sels the VQ35DE block new. I want to start a project motor and am not having any luck with the most basic component lol... :doh:

Also anybody done any work with Darton... looking at getting the block sleeved with them.

Thanks in advance
I think Performance Nissan sells VQ35DE blocks, maybe even rolling shortblocks.

If they don't, try contacting SGP Racing. They get VQ35DE blocks from someone pretty regularly.

Darton will insure their work if you get it done at their shop, I haven't heard of any sleeve failures with Darton..can't say the same for AEBS.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Nick of Performance Nissan recommended this to me also, before I go FI. According to him, FI motors will only last 2 years at best before they go kaboom. With the sleeve kit and block, your longevity increases substantially.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get the block from a dealer...that should be a problem at all.

I am never recommending ABS sleeves anymore, as the two people that have installed them have had leaking issues. I always recommend having Darton install the sleeves on your block, as they gaurantee them not to leak, and they have done dozens of successful VQ35 sleeve installs.

On the StageIII block I am working on, it will be Darton sleeved, and bored to 100mm to accept Arias Extreme Duty pistons with 100mm finished bore size. Displacement bumps from 3.5-3.8L. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Whats the difference btw the block and being sleeved :buffing: . pluss wouldnt u wont up graded cams, rods, and pistons if you were goin F1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"On the StageIII block I am working on, it will be Darton sleeved, and bored to 100mm to accept Arias Extreme Duty pistons with 100mm finished bore size. Displacement bumps from 3.5-3.8L."

Sharif, who is doing the engine work, I was looking at the stage III motor from Avalon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.