Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Derek from Dsport has sent a G35 to Vortech to get a custom SC set up for big HP . They are going to do a custom pulley set up to get rid of the belt slipping . AN all cog belt or some thing simular to ATI's set up . Dont know for sure . We would like to know if there is any interest in having this produced for sale by Vortech for the rest of us Vortech SC guys . If you would like to see this produced , paste your screen name , car type , and AT5 or MT6 . I'll start

·
Registered
853 Posts
Booger - 03 G35 AT5
jts2005 - 03 350z MT6 (site admin)
Barzten1-03 350Z MT

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am fitting vortec sc to 04 tract.can you provide any info on max boost without mods to motor.i.e without risking damage?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe there are a couple guys running 11-12psi with the 12.87 pulley . But I wouldnt do it on the stock motor . The 3.12 pulley will get you 9-10psi , There are alot of guys running that pulley with no problems . Just need a good tuner

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thankyou for info i will check what pulley arrangement comes with kit.Also would you recommend replacing std extractors?i have differing feedback.Some say std are good and little gain to replace

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Booger/anyone...

has anyone looked into reworking the pulley bracket for the Vortech? Not really concerned about the pulley placement, but it just is soooo bulky. Wondering if anyone has tried removing some of the excess metal and/or polishing or powder coating it.

Sick of looking at mine cause it covers up my pretty polished timing chain cover. :headshake:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldnt want to cut away any of the metal . You might weaken it . The Bracket is already anodized black . But if you sand blasted or sanded it off , you could powder coat it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts