Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 2 new front tyres on the Z - Toyo 225 50 series - inflated to 40 lbs all round (I used to have 35) and what an improvement over the Bridgestones! No more tracking - handling is much better. Old tyres wore out on the inside as did the backs. I think the extra pressure will reduce that - it really helps the handling tho. :shiftdrive: :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
45000 kms

That's very impressive. My rear ones have just over 21,000km and they are worn well down into the tread-markers. Though, my front ones are still looking good and will get another 15,000km (of not more) out of them.

How long did the OME rear ones last you?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Car - from what I understand, the Toyo's, just like my Goodyear F1's, have a softer sidewall than the Bridgstones, so that's why the car no longer tracks along the grooves in the road.
Have you also got Toyo's in the back? If so, ride should be slightly less harsh than OEM tyres.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to take so long - i'm on the road sometimes. The rears are still new Bridgestones and they seem to be fine (while not spectacular). The Toyos are max 225X50 so at the moment they don't make a big enough tyre. If they do I will be first in line. The Toyos BTW were $210 each fitted. I got 44000 out of the backs and actually 47,000 from the front.

I do think that the pressure is critical - the 40 lbs makes the most difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts