Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bad thing is i am undecided what to do with them exactly. i want them painted in the two tone like the s-tune is, problem is finding a decent shop here in town to do it plus the right color for the lower part. for now they will sit until i get the rest and decide what to do for sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:drool: I'm jealous. Could you at least take it out of the box? Please? :lol:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
don't forget flex primer if they are urethane!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

thanks for that, never done anything with urethane before and knowing this beforehand would bea good thing to ask a bodyshop to do. i might check with the local dealership here in town and see what shop they use for OEM repair.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

of course i will. was a great find on ebay, paid like $250 shipped for em, brand spankin new too. not a scratch or blemish at all. now if i can just find a great deal like that on the rear under bumper i would be set (paying the same price for a front lip for those small pieces just don't cut it)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]

of course i will. was a great find on ebay, paid like $250 shipped for em, brand spankin new too. not a scratch or blemish at all
<div align="right">[snapback]66722[/snapback]
[/quote]
Do they sell Greddy side skirts, also? Hook me up! Please post a pic or pm a link. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually the person bought the sideskirts from decided to not put them on and just threw them up on ebay. was a one time shot

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****! I'm not an ebay ***** so I pay for it by losing out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
[/quote]

of course i will. was a great find on ebay, paid like $250 shipped for em, brand spankin new too. not a scratch or blemish at all. now if i can just find a great deal like that on the rear under bumper i would be set (paying the same price for a front lip for those small pieces just don't cut it)
[/quote]
The front lip is VERY tough to install, and they have those ugly BLK rubber trim pcs to cover the gaps. You have to drill 4 oval holes in the oem bumper just to install it.
Same for the rear pcs. The side skirts are the only good thing Nissan US did with this kit. IMO of course.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
eBay is awesome. I got my Wings West skirts already painted for $80 and $50 for shipping.

I have a WWest front lip, the tough part was the double stick tape in the grille area. I will probably redo when it gets warm out as the urethane on the bumper cover and front lip got cold and did not have time to meld together, so fit isn't as tight. I would recommend warmer weather when putting on urethane parts too!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
smooth you gotta get on the ebay wagon, miss some good stuff, save some good $'s

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/quote]

[/quote]
The front lip is VERY tough to install, and they have those ugly BLK rubber trim pcs to cover the gaps. You have to drill 4 oval holes in the oem bumper just to install it.
Same for the rear pcs. The side skirts are the only good thing Nissan US did with this kit. IMO of course.
<div align="right">[snapback]66738[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah, i saw some install pics of the front lip with the drilled holes. thanks to your pics of the US spoiler that is why i got the replica instead. i will remember that for the rear underskirts too.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Do you know of anyplace that sells just the Nismo replica front lip?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
performance has the US front lip, not sure if there is a replica for the front lip portion just the entire front bumper replacement.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

I can go through Lukseazy who works at a local Nissan shop and get it cheaper than I could at Performance even before shipping costs. I believe they are selling it for $280 and he is selling it for $270 without having to pay shipping cost. Performance is by far not the cheapest place to go through for parts. Many other sites that have lower prices.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

Well the reason I am saying that is because he is local and I could pick it up. But still they are cheaper than Performance even before the shipping. I have learned though that some things you can get from a local dealer and end up much cheaper b/c you dont have to pay huge shipping costs. Even if the dealer is more expensive you can just tell them you can get it cheaper from somewhere on the internet and a lot of times they will come very close to the price. My dealer would have gone from $1200 on Nismo exhaust to $925 just because I told them that.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i have the nismo us rear sitting at my house waiting to be shipped back to performance for a full refund minus shipping. I decided to go with the jdm spec kit so i decided to return the rear us set i bought already. Want them? I could do 295 shipped.... which is what i paid for them before shipping

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Dave, that's a good idea about ordering through the local dealer. I might look into that for some parts. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/quote]

dunno if i can do that right now. thanks for the kind offer though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts