Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wanting to know if anyone has seen the "new" top gear show and what they thought about it? i thought it was pretty good but so far its nothing like the old top gear. idk if i really like that they put tanner foust as the a driver granite he is a dang good drifter/racer but he just puts off this persona that he is an A-hole off camera and away from the fans. i would hope not...and besides he had that "fake" show supercars exposed. no offense to anyone...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I like Tanner, the show is dumb. You can't have top gear w/o English accents.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I foresee the end of this show within one season. Tanner is too self-centered and has an ego bigger than the cars he drives. He's the equivalent of Clarkson when it comes to personality.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I foresee the end of this show within one season. Tanner is too self-centered and has an ego bigger than the cars he drives. He's the equivalent of Clarkson when it comes to personality.
+1 to all that...

Let me clarify, I liked Tanner bc he drifted that yellow AEM Z, I don't actually know anything about Tanner the person, lol.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Battle of the Supercars: Tanner could not shut up. He needs a lesson in some humility. At least the guys on TG UK can make fun of themselves.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree with willy u cant have top gear without the english accent lol n i also agree with smoothz about tanner being to self centered n yes he is a bit of an ass on battle of the supercars...but i think it is just too "staged".

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
So far I kinda like it. I'm not too hung up on it being like TGUK. I'm only watching it for the cars. I was disappointed with the Lambo section they did. The teaser they had a while ago was awesome. I hoping for more road course; auto-x; and/or canyon driving with those. All 3 is always good. But, all they did was a stinkin' straight line speed.

With that said, I hope they end up being opposite of TGUK. I'm getting tired of that show. I'm sick of the stupid little skits. I want more cars.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The hosts suck. Tanner is a douche and it seems like the other guy (not Rutledge) can't even drive a manual. It does seem very staged also.

BUT, we are comparing it to a show that has been on for the better part of two decades. Of course the UK version is going to be more sorted and SEEM less staged. The UK hosts are seasoned actors. These guys are no-bodys/racers. If we give it time, it WILL get better. Will it ever be as good as the UK version? No.

I watch it almost entirely for the car action at this point. It leaves me wanting something though. I love the sound and cinematography (?) of the UK version. For example, I barely heard the Aston's V12 last night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts