Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody im new to the site and as of right now i own a acura integra ls automatic . Im 16 and live in NC. (just given some background info). My mom approached me the other day and said she had an idea and it was basically to get a newer car and anything i wanted just as long as the insurance was sky high. First thing that came to my mind was a 350z until i thought about insurance. I checked proggressive and their rate for me was around 200 a month but the company i use is way cheaper than progressive so i guess the z is a possibilty. I showed my mom a picture of one and she fell in love with it. So i guess now im looking for a 350 but i kinda wanna know from u guys whats some good things to look for when buying one these since its probably gonna be used. I wanna get a manual but if i can find a at for less that what im goin for. As far as modding im lookin to do more interior/exterior work than engine since its gonna be a daily driven. Oh and another question about the premium gas thing is that a requirment or just a suggestion by nissan because i think the integras had premium gas written on the tags but everyone just uses regular low grade

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well when looking for a used Z, I'd look for an 04 or newer, I have an 03 and I love her but seems we have more probs than the newer models. And I hope you meant your mom said as long as the "insurance isn't sky high" as opposed to "as long as insurance IS sky high".

The other question, premium gas vs regular........well I'd only put prem in my baby, or you will be sorry, *knock knock knock*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the cheapest plan on progressive was 206 and so im just taken a guess that the company my mom has us under is gonna be much cheaper cause im only payin 120 for my integra (i pay 60 she pays 60) so its gonna be split in half and if i do go with the z i will only use premium in it (now that i think bout it) thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Hey! :soapbox: I got an 03 and she's just fine! :wub:

My dealer gave me a carfax report, plus I requested the maintenance history of my used baby. I went over my Z with hawk eyes and also found a nasty scratch on the wheel, which they fixed.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by youngz@Sep 20 2005, 08:13 PM
well the cheapest plan on progressive was 206 and so im just taken a guess that the company my mom has us under is gonna be much cheaper cause im only payin 120 for my integra (i pay 60 she pays 60) so its gonna be split in half and if i do go with the z i will only use premium in it (now that i think bout it)  thanks for the reply
[snapback]156897[/snapback]​

try esurance.com

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Sep 21 2005, 10:40 AM
03 are full of PROBLEMS
[snapback]156969[/snapback]​

Not all 03 have problems, only thing that I have had done under warranty is the window motor that went. This is happening in 04's too :wink: Some of the early 04's have just as many probs as the 03's.....let's not be judgemental :wink: :wavey:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Sep 21 2005, 10:08 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ayman350z
@Sep 21 2005, 10:40 AM
03 are full of PROBLEMS
[snapback]156969[/snapback]​

Not all 03 have problems, only thing that I have had done under warranty is the window motor that went. This is happening in 04's too :wink: Some of the early 04's have just as many probs as the 03's.....let's not be judgemental :wink: :wavey:
[snapback]156977[/snapback]​

:werd: Some 03's might be the exception, but I hear just about as many complaints from noobs with new Z's if not more. I'm happy with my 03.

"Your momma strong, but my momma knows kung-fu!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts