Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2003 350Z Track with 13,000 miles on it.

I have a few questions being new to this car. Are there any problems other then the Tire Feathering issue to be aware of for MY2003.

The Track i saw has the Auto Trans and Leather and Navi did the Track model come with AUto trans and Navi and Leather for the 2003 model year. Were Brembo Brakes standard too.

The Price i got from the Dealer is $24,900 for this car out the door with 8.25% sales tax included is this a good deal . Any help and advice is appreciated thanks.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
The Track model does not come with auto transmission OR leather. You must have been looking at a Touring model.

Brembo brakes, and 18" light weight forged RAYS wheels were standard for the Track model.

There were some manual transmission issues for the 03 models, but the tire feathering is almost a gaurantee, unless you change suspension components and tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told by the dealer that the early 2003 Track Models came with Leather and Auto and Nav. It says Track on the Title and its an Auto should i be concerned.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Originally posted by s420merc@Aug 18 2004, 08:54 AM
I am looking at a 2003 350Z Track with 13,000 miles on it.

I have a few questions being new to this car. Are there any problems other then the Tire Feathering issue to be aware of for MY2003.

The Track i saw has the Auto Trans and Leather and Navi did the Track model come with AUto trans and Navi and Leather for the 2003 model year. Were Brembo Brakes standard too.

The Price i got from the Dealer is $24,900 for this car out the door with 8.25% sales tax included is this a good deal . Any help and advice is appreciated thanks.

As Toykilla said It's not a track model. None came with AT. Also no other major problems , only squeeks and window grease.
Price wise - Are there any dents?
How many owners?
Check KBB.com to get a fair price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i am in NYC this is not a Nissan Dealer.
The price seems very good for a car still with warranty i will prob check it out through CarFax
Also can you find out if the car is Track or not from the VIN

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I would recommend the CarFax route. Tracks never came from the factory with leather seats. They come standard with Brembo's and the Rays wheels. And no navi. All of that sounds like they added it after the fact or ordered it with the car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
ALL Track models had Brembro unless someone switched them after they bought it.
All Track models came with the Rays wheels.

No Track models came with leather unless changed after purchase.

Navigation was an option.

All Track models had the undercarrige air diffusers. I doubt that someone would add this to their car if it already didn't have it.

NO NO NO track models were automatic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IS there a website that will let me decode the VIN other then CarFax also is there any tag on plate on the car that will tell me the Model Type
Such as Base Touring or Track
I looked at the car and it has the Brembo calipers

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't think an non-Nissan dealer has ever gotten the trim of a Z correct. I'd merely point out to them that it's not a Track, and if they keep insisting that is it, tell them that automatic transmissions were not an option on any Track models, and therefore it must have been placed in after market, and you expect the price of the car to come way down because doing a tranny conversion kills the value of new cars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts