Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum someone recommended that I go to "Speed and Sound" and I looked at their webpage and it doesn't look bad at all.

Where should I take it? I'm going FI so they need decent experience with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here is a place in south city, Performance by Joe.

It is a one man shop, the only reason I know about it is that I use to work with Joe's wife.

I am going to get an alignment as soon as he gets his rack clear, and if I am going to mod my car I would take it to him. This past weekend I drove by and he was tuning supercharger for a Viper. The guys with the Viper drove it down from Chicago to have Joe tune it for him. I know he is a Viper guy he has one, and there were a couple at his shop, but I am not sure how much he knows about the Z.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I haven't heard of any big Z shops in the Saint Louis area. You may consider some extra effort to go to one of the better respected tuners in the community. If you send a PM to AmBigu0us, I know she uses a tuner in Chicago on her car. There are select places throughout the country that have built a reputation building quality Z's. The VQ is a trickey engine, and many have blown from improperly setup forced induction systems. If you're up for a road trip, some of the places on the East coast have tons of experience (and on the West, but thats even further), but it would be a long trip.

Pat

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Sic -- Susan's shop is a good one.
She's been good to us over the past few years that we have known her.
She had my car up on the lift a few days a couple weeks ago...they installed the exhaust for me and did the physical valve body switch for me.

You might have to deal with Chuck -- he's a bit rough around the edges, but the shop is good. :)
AND it's owned by a CHICK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts