Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Touring Z and am in the market for new tires. I would perfer not to have to replace the wheels. I saw this post and wanted to see if anyone else has done this and if so, is the VDC okay? The tires I like are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.

Thanks

hey dude,
i'm the goodyear tire dealer out in calif
the sizes u wanna run are:
frt 255/40/18
rear 275/40/18

tires are almost identical in height
but much wider
will fit on factory rims

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went with Toyo's in the rear and have had the fronts replaced for free by Nissan for the feathering issues. The rears are awsome and I would recomend them to anyone.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i have the ds g3 and they rock!! been on for about 24k and they are just starting to loose a bit of grip. they are a great choice!!!!
mdzowner

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I put on Toyo's, too. Road noise? None. Hydroplaning? None. Grip? Oh, daddy! :irock:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have a 2004 Touring Z and am in the market for new tires. I would perfer not to have to replace the wheels. I saw this post and wanted to see if anyone else has done this and if so, is the VDC okay? The tires I like are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.

Thanks

hey dude,
frt 255/40/18
rear 275/40/18

but much wider
will fit on factory rims
I have the GSD3's on my stock 17" wheels. Great tyre in the dry and wet. It has a softer sidewall that the stock Potenzas, so steering feel and response is down only marginally compared to Potenza. The soft sidewall also means no tramlining and greater ride comfort than the Potenza. Dry grip is superior to Potenza and the wet grip on the GSD3's is unbelievable.

WRT sizes, the 255 will fit on an 8" wheel, but I suspect that a 275 will not. VDC will be fine with those sizes because the rear diameter is larger than front.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Agreed, I have the F1 GSD3's on wider rims. Great tires, and really look badass. VDC is fine if you keep the diameter very close to stock.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Thanks

hey dude,
frt 255/40/18
rear 275/40/18

but much wider
will fit on factory rims
Don't! The tire sizes he quoted you won't fit the '04 Touring rims. Your stock rims are 18x8. The Eagle F1 GS-D3, 255/40/18 fits 18x8.5-10. The rears are even further out of spec. I suspected that to begin with when I read your post, so I double checked with www.tirerack.com . Look here -> Specs for the proposed tires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.