Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i brought some test pipes off ebay, today i installed them but now my exhaust smokes when i come to a stop and the car is at an idle has any one experienced this and is this normal thanks

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
What color is the smoke?

This is normal. I saw someone say why they smoke at first, I can't find the post where they stated that though. Others agreed with the one who stated it, so i'm pretty sure it's a valid statement. It should go away after a certain amount of miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jun 25 2005, 10:36 PM
What color is the smoke?

This is normal. I saw someone say why they smoke at first, I can't find the post where they stated that though. Others agreed with the one who stated it, so i'm pretty sure it's a valid statement. It should go away after a certain amount of miles.
[snapback]121977[/snapback]​

its white smoke, i though it was the test pipes just wanted to get a second opinion thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jun 26 2005, 01:13 AM
Where do you live? Do you have exhaust rugulations/tests?
[snapback]122023[/snapback]​

i live in nj but my car is registered in Va so as long as the car stays in nj Va says their is no need for emissions test (i told Va DMV that the car is garaged in NJ and is just my weekend summer car) they wanted to see the deed to my house in NJ and they gave me the ok

·
Registered
42 Posts
it should smoke alittle because they dip the pipes and clean it before they ship it off and it will smoke when it gets hot because it is burning all that crap off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts