1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AVX2404
PUNCH 5002 500W RMS @ 4 OHMS
JL STEALTH BOX

The system sounds great. The only problems I have is this unit does not have an auto mute for the nav. So I will have to add a speaker for it.

The screwed up the original face plate kit and tried to make their own. It looks like Shi$$. They are going to repace it next week.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow! :OMG: I hope your passengers are entertained. Did you do this yourself?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I had a local audio shop do it for me. I have been using them for about 8 years. The only let down is the face plate. It looks like I made it in my garage. No problem they are going to fix it next week. The stealthbox is incredible. I have to turn the sub bass level down to -6 the range is -10 thru +10. It hits so hard it will blow out a match in the drivers seat. I am very pleased and would highly recomend the sealth box. The HU is great and very easy to use.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****. That's some serious bass. I'm glad your shop will fix it for you. I hate that cheap Kmart look on any finished product.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Nice..I am getting the Alpine 9835 with Sirrus installed this week - Can't wait.

I have the same issue though on the faceplate. even worse is the bezel is Black and my console is dark gray - thinking of finding some paint to spray before it is installed.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's a good idea about painting the plates. Just saw a bunch of those plates today being imported.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more problem if I have it cranked up a little for a couple of songs I have to readjust my rear view mirror. Anyone know if there is a way to tighten it up a bit...? I have to tell you it has great sound and the bass seems almost too much. I can't see how you could need more bass. I think it is the perfect combo. I went with the steatl box because JL designed it for those speakers and for the Z. I love my car even more now. I didn't think that was possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The face plate they made they had to paint it. The more I look at it the more pissed I get. I mean after spending that kind of money and have it look like a play school toy errrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, you need to get that fixed. I can see the wiring from behind your HU and faceplate. That would bother me if it was my car. Maybe you can custom make a mold or something that is colorful and shiny.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pics!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
maybe you can get some molding from trimbrite that is like what you would use to go between the frame and the head unit - similar to the "T" moulding that is used to join 2 flooring surfaces. I think they make something like it in a soft rubber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts