Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone loves the test pipes... great gaines for a small price.. But at the same time everyone hates the tingy-raspy sound... Well the best option is resonated test pipes.. high flow.. no tingy sound!

We will begin taking orders soon.. Post here if you are interested..

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
significantly less the the other resonated pipes on the market... and quality is amazing.. if anyone has seen the ypipe the quality is on that level.. i cant give exact price yet, but ~300

·
Registered
187 Posts
i had to create my own. wish those were available sooner

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do our cars throw any type of code if we go to a test pipe setup?
Im new to the Z so Iam clueless

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
99% of the z's do not throw codes, but sometimes i hear about cars that do, but really it hasnt been confirmed that the test pipes alone caused he codes.. i ran test pipes for almost a year in my last z without any problems.. saw good gaines too. I had about 10 hp more than someone with cat back exhaust at the time i dynoed.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by love1u0@Sep 22 2004, 06:19 AM
Do our cars throw any type of code if we go to a test pipe setup?
Im new to the Z so Iam clueless

In one day, I installed the Helix test pipes, the JWT pop charger, 5-wire ground kit, and it was with the battery cables disconnected. Since then, I have had no problems, no SES lights, just more HP. I did this about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks toykilla and SmoothZ.
The cats will be first to go on my list.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
What is the diameter of the test pipes, from looking at it I am guessing somere in the range of 2.5" to 3" diameter?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Those pipes are beautiful... now if I can just come up with some extra cash.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been asked not to give out any more information on the test pipes or intake tubes until they are ready for production.. sorry to keep everyone waiting..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts