Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few snapshots that I took per the request of TOPSPEEDJASON. Thanks for the hook up bro! :wavey: Just washed the beast really quick at my friend's house and almost forgot to share these. Enjoy! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Seibon from Topspeedjason. I have plans for the exterior before the next big show, but I will release pics of my ideas then :)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You do realize that the Seibon hatch isn't lighter than stock right? You could have just replaced the stock glass and removed the window wiper and motor. The only reason to get the Seibon would be for looks...which if it's painted, are no good anymore. :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
[/quote]
I doubt he is going to paint the entire thing *edited*.

DISCLAIMER: This is a fucking joke. I was just woken up from sleep by my girlfriend who insisted she go home because she was not feeling well and had to go to work early in the morning (so do i but i dont care) So don't be mad at me. ;-)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

You are close, but I also have something else up my sleeve :nana: :cheers: :clap: :) No rice of course :wavey: :rolf2:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

I personally did not have time to weigh it personally, but you can tell that the hatch is slightly lighter than the oem design just based on construction. Hopefully Seibon will release some numbers soon

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
Which has nothing to do with painting the hatch which is what I said in my post... :doh:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

I personally did not have time to weigh it personally, but you can tell that the hatch is slightly lighter than the oem design just based on construction. Hopefully Seibon will release some numbers soon
<div align="right">[snapback]90711[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wrote Seibon regarding this 4 times...no answer whatsoever...I even used different email addresses just in case I wasn't getting the email...no luck. [email protected] Auto/Performance said they don't weigh less than stock if you leave the wiper and wiper motor and stock window in...it is wet carbon fiber.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I agree with everyone else...would be VERY cool to have carbon fiber hatch, hood, and roof. :) Maybe daking350z can do it? :lol:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Oh yeah...there are weight in the stock hatch to keep the hatch from opening...if you remove those...you can save at least 10lbs...I think it's closer to 30...but i'll estimate 10 just to be sure. :) So that may have been why it felt lighter...right? That...and I know lexan weighs less than stock, btw, where did you get the lexan...how much did it cost? I was considering doing this myself. Isn't this your daily driver...any downsides to running lexan on a daily driver?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]
I doubt he is going to paint the entire thing *edited*.

DISCLAIMER: This is a fucking joke. I was just woken up from sleep by my girlfriend who insisted she go home because she was not feeling well and had to go to work early in the morning (so do i but i dont care) So don't be mad at me. ;-)
<div align="right">[snapback]90707[/snapback]
[/quote]

disclaimer or not, please play nice. i edited the post

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
[/quote]

Actually the weight is only about 5-7 lbs.. Not sure how numbers get so big on the internet, but i took my weight out and it is not really significant. However the Rear wiper motor is about 10 lbs so removing both adds up to around 15lbs..

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
who makes the lexan window? and what kind of price are we looking at for the whole package?

An people have said a 40lb weight savings originally (chebosto?)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[/quote]

Very true! :clap: Although, I did remove the wiper motor and weight already on the stock unit. :cheers: I got the lexan done at Steen Chassis in Signal Hill, CA. Price cannot be disclosed sorry :helpsmilie: About lexan and a daily driver....excessive sun can cause lexan to warp, also lexan is of course not street legal, but then again a lot of the things on my car are not :nana:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts