Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new set of Cobalt Friction. While the pads work great, but it seems to cause a slight havoc on my ABS system. Anyone have this problem with aftermarket pads? I got the GT Sport model, not the race one

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's really strange. Your ABS shouldn't be acting up at all. Replacing pads is pretty straightforward if you carefully watch what you are doing. Did you check the fluid, lines and reservoir? Look for leaks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is fine, I just think the new pads bite so hard and fast that the ABS doesnt react fast enough. Of course i was at a bumpy autox lot when I tested it and I was bedding them in, I will try it again later and see if the problem is gone. I just found it strange that hte ABS didnt respond well with the new pads, but holy crap, they bite HARD

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had a chance to test them again. Let's just say that part of my concern was very real. The brakes definitely do lock up a little bit even when the ABS kicks in. I think the grabbing power on these pads are so much stronger that it is faster than the ABS can handle. I can basically lock up the fronts at will, but ABS will kick in to minimize the locking. I can sometimes hear squeeling from both front and rears. I guess it's at least good that the axel hop i was experiencing under braking (from the rear) during bedding is gone. These pads are incredible when it comes to stopping power, but they are quite noisy when warm. The ABS would concern me if I heavily rely on ABS (which i did, but i will change my driving style accordingly). The fronts are very easy to lock if I push down hard on the pedal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts