Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my sunset coupe this last weekend and am looking for some shops/parts places around Dallas where I can pick up things like chrome grill, ground wires, engine dressup items, etc. Can anyone help a Newbe out?

I had a 2000 Trans Am Ws6 for the last 4 years and know where all the Ls1 shops are but I'm new to Zs.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
welcome!! i agree with toykilla, order it off line!! if you ever see a SB Z with gunmetal volks, blacked out tail lights be sure to holla at me, im in valley ranch area

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 350z@Sep 8 2004, 08:39 AM
welcome!!  i agree with toykilla, order it off line!!  if you ever see a SB Z with gunmetal volks, blacked out tail lights be sure to holla at me, im in valley ranch area

Thanks. Mines a LeMans Sunset coupe. I live in Lewisville, but get around Mc Arthur & 635 alot. I have been seeing the grounding wire kits mentioned several times and see alot of them on ebay. Can someone explain what this is and it's purpose?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
They make the engine better look pretty. Some people claim the car idles better with the kit installed, but I think that's mostly in their heads

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DiRN@Sep 8 2004, 11:03 AM
They make the engine better look pretty.  Some people claim the car idles better with the kit installed, but I think that's mostly in their heads

Do they replace ugly factory ground wires.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
they dont replace your factory ground wires...
supposedly they increase hp & tq , enhance ECU efficiency / engine performance , stronger & faster starts , smoother idle , more responsive acceleration but most importantly improves the looks ...
dont know if thats all true , however its still a cool mod ...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
NO , they simply are additional wires which supposedly let the engine computer signals travel better by filtering out ground loop noise.

I agree with Dirn, they are 99% for looks.. dont expect any performance gains.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts