Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to drop in and say hi, I have owned my base Z for about a month now and I'm very happy with it.
I had a 1994 3Rd Gen RX-7, but after 2 motors (in 2 years) the turbo's going and the suspension sounding like marbles in a can, I gave up on it. Actually the motor was about to go again so I said screw it and traded it in and got the Z.

My impressions of the Z compared to the 7:

First of all the suspension is so smooth! From what I understand the 2004 model has a Euro tuned suspension that is different than the 2003. Well it does feel like a very smooth M3; very very enjoyable. The Z handles better than my RX-7 did even though the 7 had BridgeStone S03 tires on it and the z has all season tires. So basically the Z has a better ride and handles better.

The Car is built better plain and simple, it feels more solid than the 7.

The Z is slower than my 7, that's the only part that I hate. My RX-7 did have some mods to it that's a big part of it. However in a drag race the 7 would pull the Z (for now). That being said it's only 1 second off I would guess and the Z makes me feel confident of it never breaking down, so it's a good trade off.

Nissan pushed out just about everything they could out of our motors NA, that sucks because an extra 25 horsepower would really help the Z out. Yes there are turbo's and expensive exhaust kits. But Nissan did there engineering well.

Overall very happy with the Z.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
congrats on your new car but you have to remember, these cars were made for a track course, not for straight line driving. let the modding begin...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm anxious for the break in period to be over and as soon as it stops raining here in Atlanta I will take it out and get some good pictures. However with the weather the way it has been I haven't had the time to get some good pics.

But like I said I'm very happy with the new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to own an RX-7 as well. I didn't care for the weight distribution, especially under wet road conditions. I spun the car out on the interstate 3X over a four year period, and I was not driving especially aggressively.

I ordered a Silverstone Enthusiast, which supposedly came off the assembly line a week ago. I can't wait...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts