Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whud up fellaz! My friend just traded his Scion xb today for a artic white 350z automatic. I haven't gotten to see it in person cause he's going to pick it up tomorrow. Now me, on the other hand; i own a mustang. :nana: I'm be just haning out here on and off so i can get to know more about his car. 350z always been one of my favorite street cars out today. :yourock:

he says he gots his car for $26K, $455 monthly payment. And he put $1k down. That's pretty **** good with the trade in of the scion.

My friend want's to know what the automatic 350z's dyno at.
And what are the 1st mods he should do?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Welcome to the board first off. The auto Z is dynoing at around 230ish at the wheels. Does your friend intend on staying N/A or going F/I with his Z. If he is staying N/A a good way to start off would be an intake, then maybe a crank pulley, plenum (upper intake manifold), test pipes (i prefer resonated) or high flow cats. Thats a good first few mods for the Z. I would also recommend changing out the stereo first. its awful stock even with the BOSE. But let him know that if plans on staying N/A dont expect a ton of extra power from these mods. The Z's engine is pretty tuned from the factory and its tough getting extra hp out of it unless going F/I. There are people who have done every N/A mod available including cams and are still under the 300rwhp mark and can be well over the $5k mark. F/I for the Z is nothing cheap either. Anything over 400rwhp and you should really consider doing internal work because many engines have blown past that point including a couple on this board. But if you or your friend have any more questions just ask. There are plenty helpful knowledgeable people on here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the first mod he wants to do is white rims. other than that, mostlikey go with the basic intake, exhaust, and a drop.

are there any free mods or cheap mods under $100 for the Z?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

White rims just do not look right on the Z though. Kinda ricey :headshake: So many other better color combos.

There are no really cheap mods for the Z though unless you are talking about maybe a shift knob or something. (even my shift knob was $120)

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
:welcome: and we are glad to have all kinds of members here. i think he must definitely add the test pipes or get the ones with the resonators!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
:welcome: to 350z-Tech, the best 350z forum on the net!!

Glad to have you here!!!

Welcome to the party!!! :party:

I hope you stick around for a long time!!

IMO...the first mod should be an intake........but NO white rims!!! :headshake:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
What Dave said, and I gotta say its great to see posts like this. People who are genuinely interested in cars, regardless of the make or model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts