Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/monster/exhaust.htm

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/monster/exhaust1.jpg');}" />

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bet its a great system I just don't like the looks of it. I think it has to perform and look good.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'd be optioning that exhaust out for a TT kit (most people running CA18's & SR20's usually go for a 3" exhaust) or if I were building a race car that needed to have some muffling, but I'll stick to the 2.5" for my NA car.

Actually, has APS tested that exhaust on an NA car? How did it go?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Originally posted by mchapman+Aug 10 2005, 09:42 AM-->
With all the feedback regarding the angled tips I wouldnt be surprised if they did end up making a straight tip version.
That's very possible for the future.

<!--QuoteBegin-mchapman
@Aug 10 2005, 09:42 AM
Its not rice if its designed for a TT 350z pushing 800rwhp. Its only rice if you put it on your NA 350z.
[snapback]143834[/snapback]​

Sorry to disappoint you - the APS Twin Turbo Z is only making 742 WHP at the moment though we expect some additional power in the very near future. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by aps@Aug 10 2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry to disappoint you - the APS Twin Turbo Z is only making 742 WHP at the moment though we expect some additional power in the very near future. :cheers:

Peter
[snapback]144376[/snapback]​

742whp!!! Thats fantastic.

That would be the highest output recorded for a street 350z.

SGP has made several 650hp machines and Charles was having headgasket issues above 570hp.

Will you be updating everyone as to how you have achieved such a high ouput, what hurdles you encountered and how you overcame them? Perhaps someone will be doing a magazine article on it?

What was the torque reading for the 742whp pull?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Originally posted by DavidM@Aug 11 2005, 02:06 PM
What was the torque reading for the 742whp pull?

You need 1100Nm - 1200Nm (at the crank) to be able to produce that kind of power at around 6000rpm.
[snapback]144393[/snapback]​

Well it's making plenty of torque that's for sure - I'm on my third twin plate now ( covered 600 kms since the engine went into the car) and no twin plate clutch to date will handle the torque without significant clutch slippage. :banghead:

Triple plate carbon clutch going in the Z tomorrow, hopefully this will hold onto the massive torque from the twin turbo system. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by aps@Aug 11 2005, 02:10 AM
Well it's making plenty of torque that's for sure - I'm on my third twin plate now ( covered 600 kms since the engine went into the car) and no twin plate clutch to date will handle the torque without significant clutch slippage. :banghead:

Triple plate carbon clutch going in the Z tomorrow, hopefully this will hold onto the massive torque from the twin turbo system. :cheers:

Peter
[snapback]144398[/snapback]​

Peter, this is awesome news! I am waiting for my engine to be finished. I have a fully built long block with sleeves, port and polish heads with 5 angle valve job and cams. I also have an ATS triple carbon clutch/flywheel ready to go.

I guess the only question I know I can ask you without putting you on the spot is. With the APS car making 742rwhp, how long will it take (a specific date) before a customer can make the same kind of rwhp with products that are available from APS. If a customer was able to tune the car within two weeks of receiving the necessary parts to acheive over 700rwhp.

FYI, I am the car that Jaysen from MRC spoke to you about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Zxrage+Aug 11 2005, 08:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-aps
@Aug 11 2005, 02:10 AM

Peter
[snapback]144398[/snapback]​

Peter, this is awesome news! I am waiting for my engine to be finished. I have a fully built long block with sleeves, port and polish heads with 5 angle valve job and cams. I also have an ATS triple carbon clutch/flywheel ready to go.

I guess the only question I know I can ask you without putting you on the spot is. With the APS car making 742rwhp, how long will it take (a specific date) before a customer can make the same kind of rwhp with products that are available from APS. If a customer was able to tune the car within two weeks of receiving the necessary parts to acheive over 700rwhp.

FYI, I am the car that Jaysen from MRC spoke to you about.
[snapback]144485[/snapback]​

i would also like to know the same thing. when are the neccessary parts going to be available to the public and can you list all the mods done to the aps tt z thats producing 742whp?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.