Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just being a
here thought i would introduce myself

I am 17, and currently drive a 2002 Harley-Davidson F150 with the Supercharged 5.4L it is bascially stock with some minor body mods, and a cheap K&N Drop in filter for a lil extra supercharger noise.

Currently i do not have a 350Z but looking to get one this June when school is out, hopefully i will get one. I have been wanting one for a long time (since about 2002 when i saw pics) and i finally talked my parents into letting me trade my truck in on one.

I was wondering what other sites ya'll visit for 350Z stuff, and only 350Zs. Like for my Harley Trucks we have the National Harley Truck Owners Club (www.nhtoc.com) which is strictly just H-D Trucks, and i like it cuz thats all you have and easy to find info.

But, i am looking at getting a Silverstone colored, Touring package with black leather and automatic trans, then to add the Stillen spoiler on it (I like the looks of it) but thats only if I do end up getting it.

K, sorry for the intro if it bothers some of ya'll just voicing on who i am and everything.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
welcome!! honestly i only visit this site ( since i am an admin) for 350z info as there are a great people here that can help you out with a lot of questions you may have.

how do you like your truck?!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my truck, but its like a cursed truck. I'm not going to get in the whole cursed thing, but just trust me on it.

One thing i do hate is the gas mileage...premium gas (same as Zs) but i get about 10 MPG no matter how i drive. I love the supercharger "whistle" but thats about all, and the looks i get in it are awesome.

I did test drive a Z on Wednesday from Trophy Nissan in Mesquite and wow, i loved the Z from right as i set my butt down in that seat. The Zs have the most comfortable seats, i felt "Safe" in them, i like how the sides kinda wrap around and hold you in. Handles incredibley awesome, and is quiet on the road unlike my truck. But, i did notice speed was totally different. I was never able to race a Z in my truck, but i have a feeling my truck could beat it, not off the line (weight of my truck is over 6,000) but the Z did seem slower reaching 80 on the highway. But, i am NOT complaining!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Welcome to the board. I've used a few other 350Z forums, but I've settled into this one as well. The people are great and the information is easy to find. And it's growing really quickly, so if you can't find something here right now, you probably can shortly. Or just ask. We're certainly willing to help you out.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Welcome Fuzion! Glad to see you aboard. Nice truck you have there too. I love those!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Hey Fusion,

First of all welcome! It is great to see new faces here. This board is growing quickly!

Also, when it comes to buy a z, let me know.. I can probably get you the best deal around.

As far as you beating the z in your truck, I am not sure what those trucks run, but I destroyed a chevy SS truck, and can easily hang with a ford lighting.. I would think the lighting is faster than the HD f150, but i could be wrong.

To many the Z doesnt see "fast". Alot of people attribute this ti the very flat dyno curves this car produces.. there are no spikes..

Well I hope to see you around. We are planning a huge meet at the end of june, so try to make it out!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
If you are going to trophy nissan to buy a car let us know cause we can probably get you a better deal, we know some people there
lata
-jay

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Welcome, dude. If you plan to mod your 350Z, look at my last post on page 2 of the "which model to get" thread of the General discussion forum, in which I explain why the only model to get is the Base. Save the extra money for mods.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@May 15 2004, 10:39 AM
Welcome, dude.  If you plan to mod your 350Z, look at my last post on page 2 of the "which model to get" thread of the General discussion forum, in which I explain why the only model to get is the Base.  Save the extra money for mods. 

I have to agree with richard on this. I have the base model and if you plan on modding, this is the perfect car. I didnt really care about traction control. I upgraded my halogens to HID's that look way better than the stock and put out more light. I added the aluminum pedals. Only thing I do miss though is cruise control. If you really neeed this then I suggest the enthusiast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know i am wanting the leather seats. I guess for extra money those can be added to the other models?

Thanks for the welcome, i'm starting to like this place already.

I was once a member over at club350 (or something) and they were a bunch of rude people and gave me a hard time so i left that place, and i got banned at my350z.com after they were a lil rude and i decided to be immature and fight back

Toykilla - i know my truck will easily kill a SS truck, but i did try to race a manual 350z once and beat, but i don't even know if Phillip went though. But i've even beat a manual Z06 Corvette just because Kyle (my friend) messed up shifting. So it could account to that.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck, i love it but i hate it.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Fuzion@May 15 2004, 10:52 AM
i know i am wanting the leather seats. I guess for extra money those can be added to the other models?

There are a few places you can go to for aftermarket leather. It would also be a lot less than having to get a Touring over an Enthusiast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Richard 350z I can not find that post, even using the search i can't

Dave, thanks for that info.

I know one thing on mods, is my parents are strict on that aspect. Body mods, wheels, exhaust won't be to hard to change but anything else will be till warranty goes out. So when it comes to mods and such u will hear me speak of my parents quite a bit.

That meet is in Houston, my sister lives in College Station maybe i can stay with her and go down there!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Fuzion@May 15 2004, 11:33 AM
Richard 350z  I can not find that post, even using the search i can't

Dave, thanks for that info.

I know one thing on mods, is my parents are strict on that aspect. Body mods, wheels, exhaust won't be to hard to change but anything else will be till warranty goes out. So when it comes to mods and such u will hear me speak of my parents quite a bit.

That meet is in Houston, my sister lives in College Station maybe i can stay with her and go down there!

Hers a link to the thread that Richard was talking about http://350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?show...c=197&st=20&hl=

If you can make the meet it would be real cool. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome aboard. I think you will find this site to be the most informative, without all the BS and flaming that some of the others have.

I went with the Touring. I did not intend to mod it much, other than some cosmetic changes. However, I did want all the extras that came standard on it. It all depends on what you want out of your car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the link, don't know how i missed it but i did.

I don't plan on engine mods rather than intake and exhaust, but yea.

Let me know on which one ya'll would choose based on what i say next:
I know i want an automatic, so track and performance are out of the question.

So, now i have Base...Enthusiast...and Touring

I want leather seats, so that leaves Touring. Because, my parents won't let me change that unless i go to Nissan and tell them to add the Leather to the base or enthusiast. What do ya'll say?

Color is also a hard choice, i was wanting Silverstone but the Chrome Silver looks good. I would want black, but its so hard to keep clean, and even the Liquid Aluminum looks good. If it was between these 4:
Silverstone
Black
Chrome Silver
Liquid Aluminum

Which would you choose?

I still have about a month till this does, IF I do even get one.

While i am at the guessing game of 3 letters:
TCS - Traction Control System
VDC - Vehicle Dynamic Control
LSD - Limited Slip Differential
HID - really bright lights

If there are any others can i please get told them, i hate being a newbie, i feel dumb. Sorry for the long posts also, thought i would be best to ask all my questions rather than have 10 different posts about each one.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">One correction, the automatic leaves you with Enthusiast and Touring. The Base is only available in manual, like the Performance and Track.

You can get Nissan to install leather seats for you in the Enthusiast, just not at the factory.

My personal opinion is that the Liquid Aluminum isn't worth the extra $1200. It's very similar to Chrome Silver, and I imagine that in certain lights, it can be hard to distinguish between the two.

My choice was a Super Black Enthusiast. That was the trim and color that I wanted. It's hard work to keep it clean, but it's worth it. And the Enthusiast had the options I wanted (TCS, HIDs, LSD, aluminum pedals) with some of the stuff that I didn't want (leather, VDC, 18" wheels [NOTE, I like the Rays wheels on the Track]).

And don't worry about being a
. Everyone was at one point.</span>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so its now....
Black < i think thats going to be the one
Silverstone
Chrome Silver

Model choice is hard, at least i only have 2 to choose from now

1 - 20 of 60 Posts