Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a crazy question but here it goes:

I just purchased a set of Goodyear F1 GS-D3s 18" and I noticed two things:

1) Only the two rear tires had those little nubbies on the tread; the front two tires are smooth. Anyone know why?
2) There appears to be a white dot on each tire, I think that is used for mounting/balanceing. One of the rear tires doesn't have the dot. Does it really matter?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
This may be a crazy question but here it goes:

I just purchased a set of Goodyear F1 GS-D3s 18" and I noticed two things:

1) Only the two rear tires had those little nubbies on the tread; the front two tires are smooth. Anyone know why?
2) There appears to be a white dot on each tire, I think that is used for mounting/balanceing. One of the rear tires doesn't have the dot. Does it really matter?

Thanks

1) that's weird.. can you elaborate?
2) the dot is for balancing. it won't hurt if you don't use it. Can always rebalance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

The fronts look brand new had the stickers and everything but no little rubber protusions. Those are the small 1 mm pieces of rubber sticking out of the tires mainly near the sidewalls. I have owned numerous tires throughout my life and this is the first time I have ever noticed this. Even my wifes car with 7000 miles on it still shows the ribber nubbies.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Eagle F1GSD3 has been around for 3 years now. However, it is until now that they have started to get exposed to the public. (Where people know them as one of the best tires)

I wouldnt be concerned about the "tire hair" That is only a mold thing. Some molds dont even have them.

FWIW, the GSD3 are typically wider and meatier when compared to another brand tire in the same size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts