Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yooooo

So after spending 8 months in the most beautiful country of Afghanistan I just got back and picked a 04 g35 fully loaded...and I mean fully loaded!!!!!
Its got the sports kit on it...forgot what it's called and the 19 in wheels
63,000 miles in probably the best condition anyone will find a used g35
It's the silver/gray color
No plans really just paint the 19 in rims black and the grill
G35 probably has the best sounding stock exhaust already. Not gonna mess with it and just because where I'm stationed at, the surrounding places here on fort drum have no good auto shops.

Well anyways I just came upon my first issue which apparently is a very common issue

My window doesn't roll down....
Now I read that it's most likely the window regulator/window motor ( I'm gonna assume they are the same thing?)

So somehow the window was able to go all the way down but i couldn't use the passenger or the driver switch to get it back up. So I called the owner and said he had the same issue with a civic and told me to close the door and hold the switch up...and it worked. So is it the window regulator/window motor?

Andddd....when I hit the switch to unlock and lock the doors from inside the car only the driver will lock/unlock so I have to manually lock/unlock it from the inside...annoying

If anyone can help me out that would be awesome. I know this isn't the right place to put this but I wanted to introduce myself.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
yeah, window motor is most likely bad - pretty common problem. You just replace the motor - anywhere from $60-$100 for a rebuilt one - I replaced mine and found the parts at a autozone. the 'regulator' will be ok - you shouldnt have to replace that.

Pretty easy fix if you can follow a DIY tutorial or youtube video.

as far as the locks, it's probably the solenoid…

you'll have to dig in to verify each though…

Can I assume you're in the army? if I remember correctly, typically are army personal only at 'forts' versus navy or af? Regardless, thank you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I changed my window motor over winter and it's easy.

I have no mechanical experience and it took about 2 hours. The hardest part is removing the metal door skin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts