Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is incredible, I dynoed this morning with the following changes...

Added in a bunch of timing, we were pulling way to much

Shifted Profec-eo1 to manaul mode due to a "boost fluctuation" I was getting at 4500-5200RPM

New GReddy Type RS bov installed

Up the boost 2 psi, now running at 17psi yeah baby

And may I have the envelope please....(crowd silent in anticipation...)

The NEW DYNO NUMBERS ARE...

564rwhp/561 ft-lbs....SAE corrected for 5500 feet

468rwhp/465.4ft-lbs uncorrected

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Holy crap Ernie those are some nice numbers. Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:faint: What a beast! :OMG: You must be proud of the little 'dragon.' That's just sick! At least you have numbers you can brag about to anyone on the streets. I need to subscribe to the mags you're getting photos in.

·
Registered
785 Posts
:yourock:
nice numbers, that kicks ass. How much timing did you pull and add back? and hows a/f running across the board?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Nice Ernie...of course, it isn't great...until you get to 604rwhp. :lmfao: :rolf2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

Haha, he dynoed with 17s and 235s, I dynoed with 19s and 285s.....

Thats my excuse and I sticking to it. :lmfao:

Don't worry, since I have a lower CR, I can safely boost a little higher too!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/quote]

My afr ratio across the board is 11.5!!!!

I am now only pulling about 10degrees instead of 17 degrees. Also went up on boost 2psi too.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Major props to you. You have some sick numbers there. I can't wait until I am up there with you in the psi range. My motor is getting built right now.

Do you have a roll cage? I can't remember. You will need one if you are going to the drag strip. As soon as you lay down an 11 you are going to get the boot.

When you were tuning the boost. What psi did you start with before you got up to 17?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, here is my dyno sheet for the SAE numbers....

·
Registered
806 Posts
468 rwhp sounds sweet! Any driving impressions? Any traction issues? How does the clutch/flywheel feel with your setup? Also, SAE correction only applies for n/a cars and doesn't make that much of a difference for FI (it's inaccurate for FI, but very little correction is needed)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]

The tuning process was done in 4 stages...
Started up engine, checked for leaks, idle 20min...change oil.
First stage: 1000 miles: Street tune up to 4kRPMs, never boosting, just breaking in the engine staying below 3500RPM(changed oil at 500miles and 1000miles)
Second stage: Street tune, up to 4500RPMS, boosting up to 5psi. This was tough because my wastegate springs are now rated to 11.5psi or .8bar.
Third stage: Dyno tune up to 15psi, major timing being pulled. 17degrees. Turned out to be way too much. But, it let me have a controlled stepwise increase in power.
Last stage: Dyno tuned to 17psi, timing being pulled 10 degrees. Now, went to manaul mode because Auto mode in my profec was giving my a boost fluctuation.

If you would like even more details, PM me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts