Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 767 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made it! Can't believe it, but it's a new year AND a new decade. We watched the movie 'The Hangover.' How appropriate. :lmfao:

:party:

I hope everyone makes it safely through the night.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I will be super safe. I'm sitting at my desk with absolutely nothing to do on the verge of passing out.

I did sign up on OKZCC's forum though. Maybe I can meet some people around here with Z's.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (92K1500 @ Dec 30 2009, 11:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589073
:lurk:

:wavey:

How is my tech family doing? I just got back in, and got through my 55 emails from another forum.

My trip was fun as **** and I am glad I went. :) I got my stereo tweaked, dremel'd out the grill over the stock tweeter hole and gained so much treble it isn't even funny. I also got more work done but I am too tired to type it all out, and I have to get up in 1.5 hours to go to work after being up all day. :(

But the Z averaged 28.5mpg according to the gauge, and I got more miles on that tank than I ever have. The snow on my end of the trip kinda sucked but I made it through on it no problems. Couldn't go much over 1k-1500 rpm or else it would spin but that is where experience comes in ;) Then the whole trip was new territory for me, and the first time I've crossed state lines by myself. I drove through a national forest, and most of the drive was mountain roads so it was a very pretty, very exciting drive. AND I picked the perfect time of day because I had very little traffic to contend with throughout the drive.

I saw quite a few deer but luckily they all stayed off the roads and I had a safe and fun drive there and back.

So there it is for those of you who care, and for those of you who don't like me/don't care, I love you too. :)

Goodnight world.
Goodnight, moon. Goodnight, stars. Goodnight, slippers.

QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Dec 31 2009, 08:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589075
Glad you had a good trip Brian! :shiftdrive: :cheers:

Dave hope you got those bad guys :lol:

Chele you and Dave enjoy those adjustments, can't WAIT to get to my miracle worker after the baby is born! I need one so frigging badly! :ahhh:
We definitely got into the houses. I love that ram we use on doors.

So I found out that more than likely it's my bicep tendon that's popped out of it's groove and is inflamed. It hurts...

QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Dec 31 2009, 08:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589076
blah, sitting at work on new year's eve.
So was I.... but I had fun.

QUOTE (onii @ Dec 31 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589094
Lol http://m.jalopnik.com/site?sid=jalopnikip&...refId%3D5437871

Have a great night everyone! We will be up to great mischief at tavern, hopefully being gentlemenly to ladies *ahem*
See you in the morning!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 1 2010, 02:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589097
Well, I made it! Can't believe it, but it's a new year AND a new decade. We watched the movie 'The Hangover.' How appropriate. :lmfao:

:party:

But, someone pointed out that the "new" decade is 2011. We count 1-10 don't we? But then again, who the **** am I? :lol:

And WE watched The Hangover too :lol: :rolf2: :lmfao: :cheers: Great minds huh? .....

QUOTE (shezzzhot @ Jan 1 2010, 08:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589101
Any word on Jinxxy & the baby??
Word is everything is still the same here. I'll let yall know when it happens, and like I said I'm guessing he's not arriving till he's evicted Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.....:dunno:

Good Morning everyone! I didn't even make it to midnight!

·
Registered
652 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 1 2010, 02:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589097
Well, I made it! Can't believe it, but it's a new year AND a new decade. We watched the movie 'The Hangover.' How appropriate.
Well, someone has to say this, so it might as well be me. Decades, centuries and millennia all begin with a year ending in "1" and end with a year ending in "0." This is because our calendar has no year zero. So, like all the folks who celebrated the beginning of a new millennium on January 1, 2000, you're a year too early.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, but if you're a a math geek like me, then you'll know that the Christian calendar sucks balls and the number ZERO is the beginning and not the number ONE. ZERO is a significant number, so I'm sticking by it and officially declaring 2010 the new decade. :lol:

And I made it to midnight because I watched 3 movies last night and also had a Coke with dinner. That caffeine messed me up, so I probably fell asleep at 2am.

At least it's a NEW YEAR....

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
QUOTE (karlh @ Jan 1 2010, 09:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589105
Well, someone has to say this, so it might as well be me. Decades, centuries and millennia all begin with a year ending in "1" and end with a year ending in "0." This is because our calendar has no year zero. So, like all the folks who celebrated the beginning of a new millennium on January 1, 2000, you're a year too early.
I said it before you :nana: LOL! :cheers: :hide2:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jan 1 2010, 09:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589103
But, someone pointed out that the "new" decade is 2011. We count 1-10 don't we? But then again, who the **** am I? :lol:

And WE watched The Hangover too :lol: :rolf2: :lmfao: :cheers: Great minds huh? .....

Word is everything is still the same here. I'll let yall know when it happens, and like I said I'm guessing he's not arriving till he's evicted Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.....:dunno:

Good Morning everyone! I didn't even make it to midnight!
I LOL'd at "evicted". The kids were over last night and talking about The Hangover - they watched it with Dans' parents last month and Jess said her cheeks hurt, she was laughing so hard. Going to have to get it. And I call it a new decade too - Happy New Years, all :cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the second time we watched the Hangover. My neighbors got it, so we watched it. We also watched Four Christmases which was freaking hilarious. Reese Witherspoon is so **** cute and hot. :hump: So is Kristin Chenoweth (sp). Then we watched District 9. Interesting movie. I liked it because it was different. Gory and sad.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
QUOTE (PerfZ @ Jan 1 2010, 10:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589108
I LOL'd at "evicted". The kids were over last night and talking about The Hangover - they watched it with Dans' parents last month and Jess said her cheeks hurt, she was laughing so hard. Going to have to get it. And I call it a new decade too - Happy New Years, all :cheers:
It was a pretty funny movie :lol: Not one of those movies that Doug loves and I think is stupid. Kept me laughing lol....

Started snowing about 45 mins ago........"lake effect" booooooooooo

Steve my best friend is on her way to C-bus for 2 months! Her 'residency' or whatever they call it starts monday....She's freaking out about the weather :lol: I'd LOVE to see what the back of her truck looks like at this point in time, at least she has a cover on the bed lol.....

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 1 2010, 10:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589110
Then we watched District 9.
OMG I wanted to shoot myself in the head when that stupid thing was on.....:headshake: I HATED that movie. I guess it was sad w/ the little "boy" but sheesh....totally not what we expected and I wouldn't pay a penny to watch that dumb thing again. :banghead:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I WAS going to go to the grocery store today, but Doug decided he wanted to get out of the house. Let's see how bad he f's up my list. :hide2: I guess I shouldn't complain, not like I REALLY wanted to go....this point in time all I really want to do is sit around and do nothing but wait.

I do have laundry to do, and some paperwork.....one of the guys applied for insurance thru the welfare office some time ago for his little boy, now they are calling shenanigans and want all his payroll records etc for the last 1.5 years.....yeah.....26 pages of printed reports. Not really sure he fully qualifies for welfare insurance, but we HAVE to be truthful in the reports (really no way to fudge them anyhow) or we face fines etc. So, if he's done something that he shouldn't have.....he's fvcked. :dunno: Not like I can ignore the request for info, we have 30 days to comply.

Why do people try to get around the system? Why can't people just do the right thing and play by the rules? We offered insurance thru the company, the boys decided together that they would rather have raises and pay for insurance themselves than to have employer provided insurance.....not my problem is it now? :headshake:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Too cold to snow here since it's -11 with the wind. We're at home alone while the kids are at the neighbors.

District 9 isn't for everyone, for sure. I just thought it was interesting the similarity it depicted with modern day immigration problems and internment camps or detention facilities. The movie was controversial for a lot of reasons.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 1 2010, 10:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=589114
Too cold to snow here since it's -11 with the wind. We're at home alone while the kids are at the neighbors.

District 9 isn't for everyone, for sure. I just thought it was interesting the similarity it depicted with modern day immigration problems and internment camps or detention facilities. The movie was controversial for a lot of reasons.
Yeah I can see how it would be a little different perspective for you lol....

Get a little :hump: going on since the kids are away :lol: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 767 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.