Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i just install a injen cold air intake on my Z and now it will crank BUT will NOT Run for more than 10 seconds!!!!
any help out there???? :banghead:
Is my MAP sensor dead? :doh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

ok i figured it out ( and i only ad mit this to help others out of a similar jam) :OMG:
the MAP sensor housing once you install the male to male coupler can be accidentally reversed when installed. making the MAP sensor itself backwards to the air flow! :doh:
its a silly mistake but with 2 male ends on the housing its easy to do if you don't pay attention to the direction of the MAP itself.
PS. the MAP has diodes that should face you when housing is installed (they are semi-clear and orange in color).

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Pics or ban. Just kidding on the ban part. How you like and power difference?

·
Registered
3 Posts

ok i figured it out ( and i only ad mit this to help others out of a similar jam) :OMG:
the MAP sensor housing once you install the male to male coupler can be accidentally reversed when installed. making the MAP sensor itself backwards to the air flow! :doh:
its a silly mistake but with 2 male ends on the housing its easy to do if you don't pay attention to the direction of the MAP itself.
PS. the MAP has diodes that should face you when housing is installed (they are semi-clear and orange in color).

Are you accually meaning the MAF sensor can be plugged in backwards by accident?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts