Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am looking at replacing the driver seat.

I am 6' tall and with a larger than average build. I find that i hit the roof just too often, and find that the seat controls really dig into the side of my leg. For some reason, the passenger seat seems lower than the driver seat or is that my imagination :banghead:

On a longer trip, it can take the enjoyment out of it.

Has anybody tried this ??? Successfully :doh: ....

Thanks again ...

Catcha

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm almost 6 foot 2 and I can say I've never hit the roof, not of the car anyway.

I just have the seat as far back as it can go, never been an issue.

As always

H

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
silly question, but have u tried putting the seat all the way down?

the 05 seats can adjust height at the front and back of the seat, put both ends down all the way

im the opposite, my seat is jacked up as far it can go :lmfao:

·
Registered
121 Posts
im also 6"2 and have got a tonne of head room.....

i think you would fit a 6"5 peson in there, serious i think the zed has heaps of head room !!!

sorry cant help, maybe adjust the tilt like tpiace said

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeh..6'2" here and only have headroom problems with a helmet on! Ie it just touches...so I better never roll the car at the track!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm 6'1" and changed the stock seat to the Recaro SRIII seat 9 month after I purchased the car, I found the stock one to uncomfortable for me, my back and arse would ache after 30min in the dam seat but now I've driven to Sydney and back without any major discomfort, plus the leather of the stock ones allows you to slide around when driving quickly. The Recarco's suit the larger framed person were as the others Sarco, Bride etc are geared at the more slimer small boned driver, plus the Recaro's have a great reputation and I just think they're awesome. I purchased the seats there in Melbourne but import the rails from Japan, PM me if you need more info.

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey i am 6foot 4 and i fit pretty dam well in it, that was 1 of the reasons why i bought the car, i did find though i did not fit into the convertables well when the roof is up, the coupe has more room, the seat does dig into my legs a bit on the side but after driving from syd to bris i was fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts