Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have 04' tourning with bose and I plan on redoing my whole system over. I would like your thoughts and recommendations on my ideas.

System Componets:

Kenwood DX7015 (HU)
Kenwood DV4100 (Navi that integrates into the HU)
Kenwood KTCHR100 (Sirus HD reciever)
Kenwood SR103 (External amplified speaker for voice navi) If needed
7inch LCD (recommendations please)
Infinity Kappa 62.5 (read below)
2 10inch subs (recommendations please)
Amps (recommendation please how many and what kind)
crossovers ( do i really need them)
dynomat (is it a good idea??)
Mod Xbox
Parrot bluetooth system

Thinking about 4 Infinity Kappa 62.5 for front and back....not sure if I would need rear speaker if i'm getting a 2x10inch enclosuer(under strut) from wicked. Also to try and save some money which of these componets should I do the install myself. I've never done this before but I can follow directions pretty with electronics. If i've left anything out that I might need please advise.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Can't go wrong with the DX7015. Everyone who has it seems to love it. ****, mine's still in its box and I love it! But why do you need a 7" monitor? Isn't the one from the HU enough? As far as 10" subs go, I have 2 JL 10" subs myself. Lots of people love JL subs. But I know that there are better ones out there. Dynomat is probably a good idea, depending on where you locate the subs. And what's the bluetooth for?</span>

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7" lcd is for the xbox,rear view cam. I looking into if possible switching between sources to both lcd...if possible

My subs will go in the left and right coners of the hatch in a prefab box by wicked.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've been replying to your thread at motoring. Still don't see the purpose of having two moitors when the 7015 can do what you need. 1 monitor is more than enough for 2 people.

The Xenon 1200.1 into 2 JL10w6v2 is overkill IMO. If you were to upgrade to 2 12w6v2, that would be better. The xenon is 1-4 ohm stable. A lot of power in it. You can save space by running 2 amps if you gonna stay with the 10s. The 1200.1 is huge.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone,

I'm finished with the wiring diagram of audio/video system I intend to install.
As stated in previous post I was looking for some way to switch sources between monitors. Well I think I am able to do this with the alpine monitor such as it has 3 a/v inputs and 3 a/v outputs to allow the sources to be switched, basically what goes into the apline will come out. But I'm not sure if the kenwood will be able to support this?? I'm still unsure of this though?? Maybe there is something else out there that would be able to accomplish this?? Still searching.
I'm very interested in your suggestions and recommendations based on what you see ino the jpeg.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
yea, i got that. not sure why. if you're going to be switching between montors, just switch between one. you can use that money for something else. other than that, looks fine. i see you changed your mind about the 1200.1.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well The main reason is for when I have navi up plotting cource , my passenger can still watch movie , play game, play musich throught the xbox.

Yeah the 1200.1 was over kill so i down graded. I'm still wondering if my amps will fit behind the seat where the bose sub is??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are the dimensions from PG's manuals

1200.1 22L x 10.6W x 2.5H

600.1 18.25L x 10.6w x 2.5H

100.4 18.25L x 10.6w x 2.5H

what do you think?? Any suggestions on this??

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts