Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a 2006 base model. They aren't looked down for being a 'base' model are they? I mean I'd love to go all out but I'm only 20 and am too much in love with the 350Z to wait! It's daytona blue, my first choice. I don't have it yet, being delivered tomorrow(today it's 1am) and detailed and what-not. Monday shes all mine!

So where do I start with the modifications??? I'd love to do the interior mods, since the car is WAY more satisfying than I could possibly imagine in the performance, handling, looks, and everything else. But first instinct is to go I/H/E. Of course this is coming from a 2005 ford focus owner, dyno'd with I/E at 119whp...oh yea lol! I want an exhaust first but is this a no-no to start with? Future reference: what would be the quietest aftermarket exhaust?

Any suggestions on where to start, even though if I drove it completly stock for years to come I would be just as happy! Look forward to posting alot of dumb questions here! Wooh!

·
Registered
798 Posts
WOW... congrats on your new car.... I am not sure what the base model entails..... but I dont think people look down on them... :) Modifications: there are so many people here that can help and give you advice on what to do.... Dont worry about asking dumb questions because I think I am up there in asking the most stupid questions about the car. Wow why did you give up the ford so quickly? I mean its a 2005... Anyways checkout the wiki section.... It has a lot of information on the different things you can put on the z. It helped me when I was looking for exhaust systems... (even though I havent purchased one yet) :) but it does help... I think you can find it on the home page... Goodluck with everything and post your DB as I have one too!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
:doh: You did post twice. Enjoy the ride...mods can happen any time you want and have the $$ for them. The Z is great the way she is delivered. Enjoy!! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
357 Posts
a pair of 18 inch wheels makes it look 20000$ more expensive...oh wait, the 06's come wih 18 inchers.

interiorwise, i would look into leather seatcovers since you have the cloth.
(leatherseats.com) check the WIKI for mod guidelines.

personally, i think the nicest exhausts are the stillen and borla. exhaust is all about personal preference tho...

hope it helped! :lol:

G

·
READ READ READ this site has great info go to the wiki there is tons of useful informantion research and decide what direction you want to head first HP, Suspension, Looks? Make your own decsions by what you read and when you car is done you should be very pleased with the results. IMHO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
READ READ READ this site has great info go to the wiki there is tons of useful informantion research and decide what direction you want to head first HP, Suspension, Looks? Make your own decsions by what you read and when you car is done you should be very pleased with the results. IMHO
+1 zillion!

There is so much to gain from reading the different sections of this site, even w/o asking questions. Of course, we don't mind pointing you in the right direction. :cheers:

Congrats on the awesome ride and have some fun with it!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I agree with the rest, just spend the time to browse through the forum, and see what you like. From that, you'll get a good idea on the direction your going with your Z. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've spent most of my time reading how to have fun with my new car(how to drive it). But I read the break in period is to around 1700 miles? I always thought it was a bit more, 2-3k.

And believe me, I was telling them the whole time you don't need to detail it or anything but they insisted that they HAD to. I hope they take it easy on the buffing it with those steel wool pads. My next reading session is detailing it, so I can figure out how to fix their mistakes.

Sorry I posted twice but I just got so excited! Never thought I'd be driving one of these beauties so soon.

And just for reference, what route did all of you go, interior, exterior, or the engine bay? I'm pretty sure I'll go interior no doubt but the basic bolt-ons are always calling.

I also didn't reallt 'give up' on the 05 focus, I love the car by all means...for the price. Funnest car I drove out of owing 5 so far, 6 tomorrow! When I realized I could afford a new one when a buddy at work purchased his 02 Lexus IS300, and he's the same age I said "target aquired!". And here we are!

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I've spent most of my time reading how to have fun with my new car(how to drive it). But I read the break in period is to around 1700 miles? I always thought it was a bit more, 2-3k.

And just for reference, what route did all of you go, interior, exterior, or the engine bay? I'm pretty sure I'll go interior no doubt but the basic bolt-ons are always calling.
I thought the recommended break-in was 1200 miles, I could be wrong but in either case there is MUCH debate on the proper way to break in an engine.

As for the modding direction, the first thing I noticed was that the car was just too quiet for me. I didn't want it to be obnoxious but I definitely wanted to be able to hear the thing when I got in to it. For that reason, the Borla TD exhaust was one of the first things I did, it's not too loud but you can hear it. There are tons of options for exhaust though and there are some sound clips in the wiki.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where can I find some debate on the break-in? I heard someone saying they were trying to keep it below 5k rpms, sounds pretty reasonable for the break in. Any suggestions.

I have the car now and I absolutely love it! Lexus buddy is pissed but says hes got the luxury, if I wanted a stuido apt. with lots of goodies I'd move in one, it's a car not a house!

Pics tomorrow, couldn't pick it up till 5pm and its late now. Anyone help how to get a pic of my car in the forum sig? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Where can I find some debate on the break-in? I heard someone saying they were trying to keep it below 5k rpms, sounds pretty reasonable for the break in. Any suggestions.

I have the car now and I absolutely love it! Lexus buddy is pissed but says hes got the luxury, if I wanted a stuido apt. with lots of goodies I'd move in one, it's a car not a house!

Pics tomorrow, couldn't pick it up till 5pm and its late now. Anyone help how to get a pic of my car in the forum sig? Thanks!
When you get a pic you like, upload it onto any free acct that lets you store pics. I like photobucket.com a lot. Then you use image tags to add to your sig. Make sure your pic is not too big.

As for the break in period, I find it hard to resist working the car out. :shiftdrive:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts