Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
nah mate you got nothing to be worried about, they are fantastic cars and like all cars out there there will always be a few minor problems..

If you have any issues with yours take it to either Northside Nissan in Wangara, or Giant Nissan in Ossy Park... Not Magic Nissan, they are f'n useless - they expected me to believe that they didnt know what a TSB was !!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well i just picked up the car today, couldnt be happier :D

I havent noticed any grease streaks as yet (but its only done 124kms :D), or any of the other stuff ive read on these forums. But im sure a few things will creep up soon lol

One thing i have noticed is, the car attracts a lot of bugs! I assume cause of the yellow colour...

And just one question, i couldnt help but give it a bit from 1st to 2nd...did a relatively quick change and the car felt like it struggled to put power to the wheels? I just thought about it when i got home.....is it because i had vdc switched on?

Cheers (couldnt wipe grin off my face all day)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
exactly its the VDC

happened to me as well, so i asked the resident traffic light grand prix star DavidM and he said the same

turn the VDC off and u can chirp 1st to 2nd

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
niccce thanks

Also... at what speed do u guys usually put it in 6th....the 350 feels completely different to drive to the 200sx - i couldnt put it in 6th with anything lower than 80km/h with the 200 - but with 350 im not sure

·
Registered
303 Posts
You can probably drive around town in 6th! :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
On a flat road you can put start using it from 50km/h. I usually use it when i drive 60km/h+. It's up to you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh i use 6th all the time, im really bad for lazy gear changes i.e. 1st to 2nd to 5th or 6th..

and yeh thats defo VDC kickin in like you said - wait til your tyres are worn !!! mine bridgestones are on 26000kms and like slicks, spins in any gear just about in the wet with no effort.. all on closed course conditions of course...

although the other day on the freeway i dropped back to 4th at 85kph to overtake and as it accelerated my car lost traction at about 95kph and went sideways, almost wished i was wearin the brown cords that day !!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts