Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Im in perth and just bought a new 35th ed 350...in yellow :D

Anyways i just wanted to ask other owners what i should watch out for? Ive read a bit on this feathering business, has it come up with the newer models aswell? Anything else i should keep an eye out for?

Also im concidering getting paint protection/leather protect from nissan, not sure if it actually does anything/or if its worth it....any opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
As far as the feathering issues go, most of them were fixed in the 04 models. Keep an eye on your front tires as you approach 15-20K miles, normal driving. Other than that, good luck and congrats with the new Z!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Don't do the leather and paint protections from nissan dealers... they are just not worth the money imo... you might as well pay the professionals to Zaino or Zymol the entire car for you.... as for the leather, just use some good leather conditioners and take care of it from week to week basis, I think you shall be fine...

cheers,

richie

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I don't know if the dealerships over there offer to wash your car when you bring her in for a service or not...if they do I suggest you courteously decline that offer. Chances are they will not take great care and could unwittingly damage your paint.

Enjoy your new UY Z.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by nicecar@Aug 14 2005, 03:48 AM
Hey there,

Im in perth and just bought a new 35th ed 350...in yellow :D

Anyways i just wanted to ask other owners what i should watch out for? Ive read a bit on this feathering business, has it come up with the newer models aswell? Anything else i should keep an eye out for?

Also im concidering getting paint protection/leather protect from nissan, not sure if it actually does anything/or if its worth it....any opinions would be greatly appreciated :)
[snapback]145264[/snapback]​

Anything to watch out for? Nissan's poor build quality and even worse service centres. They really should stick to selling pulsars not sports cars. Lucky Nissan jp designed a good car in the first place.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
congrats on the car

my gearbox was having some teething problems over the first 1000kms, it was feeling a bit notchy. But now at 3800kms its freed up alot and once warm goes into gear like butter

i wouldnt do the nissan paint protection. It sounds like a Ming protection, and if it u cant ever polish ur car again with aftermarket products. Since its a new car, a couple layers Zaino wax should see you through summer. Theres no arm renching circular rubbing involved, u can simply wipe Zaino on in back and forth motions, and itll give u a chance to get connected with the new lady :shiftdrive:

pm me if you want more details on Zaino or before u buy from one of the Aus dealers as i can get it a fair bit cheaper

·
Registered
785 Posts
There is not really anything such as 'jap' and 'euro' anymore. It is more of a global market now. Most of the so called 'euro' cars are manufactured in SA or USA or the likes.

The thing is the 'japs' are great at electronics, but don't ask them to screw something together.

Their reputation has fallen in the near past, but they have caught up in some respects with the 'euro's.

Anyway, you will see what I mean in I'd guess 3-12 months.

cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
welcome...

Yeh..mike is right about the hidden surprises that pop up within 12months. Still I love the car! It get my heart rate up every time I step into it.

Or maybe thats just the way I drive.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i had heard similar stories about little issues with the Z, which is why i negotiated a 6 year 175,000km warranty on the car. If something happens they can work it out. Majority of the problems occured on the 03 models, and thats to be expected when a manufacturer releases a brand new car. By now in 05 most of the problems are sorted......my windows dont rise from inside the door with grease streaks, my nav door doesnt feel like im going to rip it off, my tyres arent feathering on the insides and my idle is as smooth as a Beamer inline 6

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
every car out there has some sort of issue to it. i know people who own Lexus's, Benz's, Bmw's and they as well have certain issues when it comes to their cars as well! nissan is not the only ar manufacturer with problems, you should see the sh!t load of problems Mitsubishi, Mazda, Honda, Toyota has. let us not just go bash up nissan for a problem that has been already fixed with the 04 and up z models. i have an 05 model, and the feathering problem doesnt even exist. it would be dumb if nissan keeps producing the Z with the same major problem that the 03 had. to make this short EVERY car out there has its unique problems. you can even figure out why they call Ford so many "names" such as Fix Or Repair Daily...
congrats on the new car, enjoy it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by zuffy@Aug 14 2005, 06:19 PM
welcome...

Yeh..mike is right about the hidden surprises that pop up within 12months. Still I love the car! It get my heart rate up every time I step into it.

Or maybe thats just the way I drive.
[snapback]145486[/snapback]​

I'm with Zuffy and Ayman350Z. If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster. The 350Z is drop-dead gorgeous, runs like the proverbial striped-ass ape, and has no more problems with build quality and engineering than other new cars today. I've had MGBs, Porsches, Jaguars, and Chryslers. All of them had their own list of problems. None of them fatal IMO (except the Lucas electrics in the MG).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome to the boards mate, im in WA too.. theres a couple of us lurking..

only issues ive had with mine is a passenger window motor died - no signs of tyre feathering but there is an alignment to fix that....
Oh i also had the clicking from the axle TSB fixed as well..
apart from that its all been good..

cheers

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
On the 05, I have the imfamous grease streak on the passenger window and something is squeaking. Brakes, I am guessing. Just started at 4000 miles. Other than that, on the feathering, they replaced my front tires at 7,500 miles on my 03. No problems after alignment. Just keep an eye out for the known and remember to bring treats to the service department when you go in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what is a grease streak?

stop making me worried lol i just payed 70k for this car, :S maybe i should have gone for an sti instead

And perth guys maybe we can organise a cruise/meet one day :) or is there a perth specific 350 forum i dont know about?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts