Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm definitely a newbie to Z's. I've done quit a bit of research on them already just from my liking for them but now that I own one that is 100% stock, I want to start working on it immediately and putting exhaust, intake, rims, tires, and body kit parts to it.

Just looking for the best suggestions and brands for each. Especially rims. I know sizes are limited with brembo brakes and the 18's. All suggestions accepted!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Welcome- if your track model Z has the original Rays forged alloys, you'll be hard pressed to find a better set of high quality wheels. I use a set of BBS RG-Rs on my pre-order track model and still miss the Rays!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I second the advice of keeping the Track Rays if your car still has them. If they are scuffed, you could have them refinished for $75-!00 per wheel.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you have a track model,I also agree to keep the stock wheels.
Really,the only difference with the track is the great Rays wheels and the Brembos.

How many miles?Color?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it still has the stock wheels. But i do want to upgrade my wheels and get SSR's... the stock wheels are pretty scuffed, so ill have to look into getting them refinished.

my car has 38k miles and its white.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sorry to hear your Rays are scrapped up, but a good wheel shop can clean up the scrapes and have them powdercoated good as new. As long as you see the word 'forged' stamped into the wheel rim, you'll know it's the real deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts