Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i should have known better at my ripe age of 31 but i could not help it, new bmw wanted to play so we did..... i lost....but consider this, my stock 06 with only a nismo cold air running with a turbo inline 6 bmw, on paper its an easy win for him considering we are both at 300hp stock and he has fi, but what got me was he could only pull about 1 car in front of me at best.it was from a dead stop when we started and i pulled up front faster then him (turbo lag) then off we went, 335 is fast but considering its turbo and i believe all wheel drive are zed gave the bmw something to think about..how nice my headlights look in his rear view.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
They've got the same HP, but the 335i makes 300 Lb ft. from 1400 to 5200 rpm. the Z makes 260 Lb ft. at 4800.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
not a huge difference in torque then if its 300. thats sad actually. STi has 300hp/300tq I thought, at least in the previous generation one, and thats a 4cyl

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
not a huge difference in torque then if its 300. thats sad actually. STi has 300hp/300tq I thought, at least in the previous generation one, and thats a 4cyl
Yes it is. The Z makes 260 Lb ft. at 4800. It makes considerably less at 1400... probably around 160-170. The 335i makes 300 Lb ft. from 1400 to 5200 rpm. That's DOUBLE what the Z makes at 1400 rpm.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
oops, didnt think about that .... way to go me.

what about the total though? I still thought a turbo 6 would make more peak torque? am I all backwards again?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
They might make more torque than we do....but I ran one down heading for the Dragon from the TN side last year. I backed off when the guy started doing some really stupid stuff trying to shake me. I'm not about to go passing traffic on blind turns and with cars bearing down in the other lane. BMW makes nice cars...but outside of the M cars, they're lacking a bit in the corners.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
They might make more torque than we do....but I ran one down heading for the Dragon from the TN side last year. I backed off when the guy started doing some really stupid stuff trying to shake me. I'm not about to go passing traffic on blind turns and with cars bearing down in the other lane. BMW makes nice cars...but outside of the M cars, they're lacking a bit in the corners.
Sound like it had the Bad Driver mod.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yeah. my dad just picked up one. there nasty. and sexy looking. i like how there tailights look. gives it a glaring look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts