Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get in my Z every morning and i sit inside believing its the fastest car on earth. :)

why is it a lot of people question what the car is capable of doing. i have had several runs with a lot of differen cars, and i pulled through with great performances. even when the car was still at stock.

i can list a whole bunch of cars for you guys that i beat...

BMW 530
BMW M3
BMW Z4
Mercedes CLK430
Mustang GT
Mustang Cobra(take off only)
G35
Acura NSX
Audi S4
Audi A6

thats what i can remember for now....

i have seen people brag about how slow the car is....but **** this car is the hottest thing on the market. everyone wants one. i think it has the capability of beating cars like AMG's and M5's once supercharge and moded.

i think my car is the ****....i look for people on the highway who actually think they have fast cars so i can smoke them.

my bitch is ready to go monster.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: I think somebody is in :wub: That's great, man! I love my Z, too. However, I never have the opp to 'test' it against other cars. Once I played with a Mach 1 Mustang, or he played with me. I also went against another 350Z, which was fun. That's all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have beaten

Mustang GT
Sti

The sti is my really good friends and we race from a roll all the time I have a Greddy exhuast and popcharger. I barely beat him from a roll maybe by a bumper.

The mustang 2001 - 04 is better story It was actually like yesterday I was coming home from getting my windows tinted. I was stopped at the stop ligt and he pulled up next to me so immediatly i turned off the vdc. So i look over at him then he suddenly took off the light had turned green. So he got about a 1 to 2 car jump on me and i took off at caught him about 70 and the was still pulling at like 120 when i stopped. This was on a highway slash bypass i dunno what to call it but it was fun.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mustang GT (too many models to list - but not an '05)
BMW 325
BMW 330i
BMW 7 series - stayed with me until 115mph where I pulled away
Audi TT
DeLorean (actually, I smoked his ass with my wife's 03 Tacoma pickup)
'72 Stingray
RX-8
Jeep Grand Cherokee: Ever since that commercial where they claim the JGC is faster than a BMW and an Audi TT, I've had a lot of guys actually try to take me with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sad.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I love my Z and I know what it can do but I choose not to race in most instances as I do not want to wreck my car or get a ticket.

The only time I drive really fast and aggressive is on the open road where it is reasonable to do so. I love the looks on people's faces when I rocket away from them at +90 and they are givin' it all they have just to keep it at 90. The Z rules!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Viper RT/10
Z06
911 Turbo
Ferrari 360

Many others... I've lost count.

To be fair, been beaten by
Built Saleen
absolutely insane STi
nothing stock that I am aware of, but a couple other modded cars.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
A redneck in a newer Chevy v8 truck was reving at me for about a mile. I didnt want to give him the joy of getting to race me.. But as we approached the next redlight my girlfriend told me to show him ..

:shiftdrive: :irock:

So i kinda smiled and put him in his place.. 1st..2nd..3rd.. 4th.. 120+ weeee... no more redneck :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]

what mods do you have man im sure alot one of them including f/i
<div align="right">[snapback]103008[/snapback]
[/quote]
Vortech supercharger to start...

·
Registered
655 Posts
A very nice modded WRX with a hefty exhaust and something else (intake?) that made a lot of noise.

Hyundai Tiberion. I have no idea why this person was all over my ass so I left them in my dust. It felt good. :shiftdrive:

I won't even mention the riced Civics that feel the need to challenge faster cars. :headshake:

I also put up a good fight against an 05 M3....but that's a very strong car and in the end he gave me a thumbs up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It was not a kill but I kept up with a sport bike for a while in the middle of no where in southern Illinois coming back from the Kentucky Derby. The fastest we reached was 146 mph, and I am pretty sure he could have gone faster. When we finally hit some traffic we slowed down and he seemed impressed that I could kept up with him.

·
Registered
470 Posts
All these i have raced and beat since i got the vortech and i havent tuned it yet!!

Seat Leon Cupra R 1.8 t 280 FWHP
Bmw 6 series
mustan gt
camaro
subaru sti
Jackson racing supercharged civic Si 00 coupe
neon rt , nx 75 nitrous shot
neon srt4 stage 2
neon srt4 stock i think!!
audi rs4 moded
porche cayenne turbo
porsche carrera 4 s
masserati
automatic corvette
accord v6
ohh two more before i forget
99 M3 evo version 340 hp
new m3

you should have looked at these guys faces hahahha lol :rolf2:

havente been beaten YET!!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I havnt done much "street testing" in the Z, but I've got a few under my belt..

Some dumb kid in a new civic si wouldnt leave me alone, so I ran him down by the time I got outta 1st..

Then two tubesteaks in a 330i who took off at a light thinking I was racing them, and then gave me looks and **** at the next light (which I showed them the difference in 0-60 between a 7 second car and a 5 second car...

And my last one was an M5 with exhaust on the highway, dunno how or why, but I pulled on him every time we both went at the same time. If he got the jump, he'd leave me slowly. But if we both hit it at the same time, I'd win over and over. (4th gear pulls).

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i had the pleasure of taking my Z to 7000rpm only a few days ago, and she did pull very nicely. Into 3rd i was blown away how quickly it went from 120 to 180

i also own an AMG C43, and to me the AMG still feels quicker, especially off the line being auto and having a fair bit more torque

we've also got alot of choice metal at home, but they are out of the Z's league to make any comparisons

i havent had any proper drags yet, though i did encounter a friendly GEN III 5.7L V8 ute driver on the freeway that i managed to pull away from

1 - 20 of 24 Posts